Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Filter/oil Etc Is200 Turbo

1374lee

hello the.I hope I am posting thi in the correct area,I am a newbie to the site so go easy.

Ok I have a 200 turbo.I wanted to know are there 2 different types of oil filter for my car,as i'm sure on Pro Lex site is it that they listed 2 dependant on chassis number,is this correct?

Alternatively should I use a HKS oil filter?

Secondly is there a fuel filter and what's the replacement recommendation dates on the service schedule.The reason I am asking is I see a few service kits on e bay but none mention a fuel filter?

What oil should I be using in a turbo car,running around 300bhp,I was told 0w40, I was thinking perhaps a 5w40 or 10w 50 maybe?

Finally where would be the best place to get competative service parts...filters,cambelt kit etc.

Would you use genuine parts or go for motor factor parts?Any suggestions on where to get genuine parts cheap would be a great help or are genuine parts overpriced and go with the motor factor option?

I hope you can help.

Many thanks.Lee.

Castrol rs oil or edge it's called now is very good, silkoline is very good.5w 40 will be fine mate or 0 w 40 .

The fuel filter is in the tank so forget about that lol

Did you ask the owner you bought it off what oil spec etc he used in it ,maybe best to keep using the same .

Best to get genuine parts mate spec cam belts .ebay has genuine Lexus is200 cam belt kits .the turbo side makes no difference to the belt just buy the oem belt .

There should only be one type of filter for your car .all the is 200 are the same .

If it has gauges fitted , boost , oil temp etc it will have a sandwich plate fitted above the oil filter to feed the gauges etc so you will need a non standard oil filter ,I think you need the one that fits the toyota celica .

Best to get yours on a ramp and take the number off it first .

Halfords do one that fits perfect but I can't remember the number of it .

Dave, thanks a lot for your reply,much apprecited.

Previous owners said 0w40 but I was thinking of Silkolene 5w40 perhaps.I think I will have a word with the oilman about this and see what ither turbo owners are using.

Ah right the fuel filter is in the tank i wondered if this maybe the case,just wasn't sure on that.

Yes I was thinking of a genuine belt or Gaites,same thing.

Interesting on the oil filter,yes the car has oil temp and oil pressure guages amongst others.I will take the numers off the filter that's already fitted then,good idea that.

Genuine parts...where's the best place to get them e bay?Anyone off this site selling genuine parts at reasonable prices?Obviously the main dealer is gonna be top whack price ways.

Thanks.Lee.

Opie Oils are good for advise too , very helpfull ,sometimes have decent discounts and I think if your a gold member on here you may get more off .

Forgot to say the reason you need a different oil filter than oem is with having the oil sanwich plate on it takes up the space between the filter and chassis so you can't get an oem one on ,it's too tall if you get my drift you need a shorter one in height .

Yes I just saw Lex Birmingham on e bay,good shout I will try them out.

I have dealt with Opie Oils many times in the past,I will speak to them about oils for engine,g/box and the diff.

Many thanks once again.

Lee.

• 3 years later...
On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2014 at 6:37 PM, North west beast said:

Castrol rs oil or edge it's called now is very good, silkoline is very good.5w 40 will be fine mate or 0 w 40 .

The fuel filter is in the tank so forget about that lol

Did you ask the owner you bought it off what oil spec etc he used in it ,maybe best to keep using the same .

Best to get genuine parts mate spec cam belts .ebay has genuine Lexus is200 cam belt kits .the turbo side makes no difference to the belt just buy the oem belt .

There should only be one type of filter for your car .all the is 200 are the same .

If it has gauges fitted , boost , oil temp etc it will have a sandwich plate fitted above the oil filter to feed the gauges etc so you will need a non standard oil filter ,I think you need the one that fits the toyota celica .

Best to get yours on a ramp and take the number off it first .

Halfords do one that fits perfect but I can't remember the number of it .

Hi, the short Oil Filter you mention for Celica fitting the IS200 is that the HOF230? (Halfords)