Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Swap (1Jzgte)

I really can't see the point of tuning the 1GFE engine; I don't really want a supercharger (unless there is a silent model that can be fitted, and even then the circa-£2k cost for a paltry 50hp is pointless, IMO - I'd rather get a 300 and not have the 'charger whine) and a low-blow turbo conversion is gonna sit in the £3-5k territory if you want it done properly - and even that will probably only see 230-240hp max (probably more like 220). So I'm thinking that a swap is a better way to go; why make a slow engine fast when you can just use a stock engine that's already fast?

The 1JZGTE (third gen, VVTi single turbo model) already makes 280hp as standard, and the reason for the third gen model is it's the most efficient of the 1JZ engines; same horsepower, more torque (as much as 50% increase in the lower rev range) and 10% better fuel economy.

So, realistically, what's involved in swapping out the 1GFE engine for a 1JZGTE? Is using the stock 6sp manual box a viable option, or is a box swap in order? Mount points, ECU's, etc etc.

Not saying I'm gonna do it, but I must admit I'm tempted....

Sorry i cant help you with any of this, but interested in the same, been looking for a supercharger and for the price i have considered going the whole hog and spending more on a 2jz gte conversion, engine around 2k, gearbox.... £4k!!!

I would rather keep the rest of the car standard, gearbox transmission etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links