Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Used Torque Development International For Tuning?

1374lee

I was thinking of visiting there as my car has their map in it on HKS management,it is a turbo car,just wondering if anyone has used this company and if so any feedback would be great.

Thanks.Lee.

Just curios mate but why would you need it mapped or retuned ,is it not already mapped correctly .

There will be a limit to how far you can go with it and the turbo before your valves stick up your nose lol.

I would guess its at its max now so save your penny's mate

Just curios mate but why would you need it mapped or retuned ,is it not already mapped correctly .

There will be a limit to how far you can go with it and the turbo before your valves stick up your nose lol.

I would guess its at its max now so save your penny's mate

Hello Dave,it hasn't been set up in a long while I don't think,it needs a boost and fuelling check at the very least.Not sure if the cams and head which are standard will take anymore than the 300bhp it is now to be honest.I did ask this question to TDI when I called them but they didn't really give me a straight answer.The turbo is capable of near 400bhp but is the engine is my concern.

Thanks.Lee.

Have you bought the blue turbo car with hks management?

Personally I wouldn't use tdi, as they don't have a good history with Lexus cars. Better tuners out there IMHO

Hello there,thanks for your reply.Yes I have bought the blue car on HKS management.Do you know anything about the car?

I have a lot of experience with tuners as I have had many cossies over the years,a few running big power to,my current 3dr cossie runs 470bhp,I have used many of the top cossie tuners over the years so I am very very particular with tuners hence trying to find out where best to take the car.

Please can you give me some tuners you would recommend and the reasons why not TDI?

I can see your car is heavily modified so i am guessing you have tried a few tuners and know which would work well for the Lexus.

PM me if you don't want to put it up on the forum.Your help would be greatly appreciated for sure.

Thanks again.

Lee.

• 5 weeks later...

Stay away from TDI, they did some work on my is200, shockingly bad work,they fitted a exhaust manifold which I asked them to clean up, 70 miles down the road, exhaust is blowing from cylinder head where there was old gasket stuck to exhaust manifold, and also from the pipe itself, where there was an exhaust temp probe fitted at one point, they put a screw or something in it, which fell out almost straight away, only another couple hundred miles to get home with car cutting out and sounding like a tank.

My own fault really, I read posts on here with people slating them and thought they can't be that bad. Don't make the mistake I made. And anyone else that may read this in the future. Stay well away.

Never actually used them for work, but they seemed ok when I phoned for advice. Only comment I would make is that they must be the only tuning firm to show their prices ex vat to try and make them look cheaper when they are anything but!

Stay away from TDI, they did some work on my is200, shockingly bad work,they fitted a exhaust manifold which I asked them to clean up, 70 miles down the road, exhaust is blowing from cylinder head where there was old gasket stuck to exhaust manifold, and also from the pipe itself, where there was an exhaust temp probe fitted at one point, they put a screw or something in it, which fell out almost straight away, only another couple hundred miles to get home with car cutting out and sounding like a tank.

My own fault really, I read posts on here with people slating them and thought they can't be that bad. Don't make the mistake I made. And anyone else that may read this in the future. Stay well away.

Thanks for the feedback,I have heard quite a few stories now,not good at all that,I really feel for you.Such shoddy workmanship and yet they really seem to know how to charge to.

Seems quite a few have been done over by them,so to speak.

Never actually used them for work, but they seemed ok when I phoned for advice. Only comment I would make is that they must be the only tuning firm to show their prices ex vat to try and make them look cheaper when they are anything but!

yes as said above,their charges are just ridiculous.

Thanks.Lee.