Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Customer, Some Questions!

Hello,

As of today, I finally am a member of the Lexus family with an F-Sport Nebula Gray IS.

post-49680-0-22770400-1393967280_thumb.j

(just an image taken quickly in the garage)

Before I start I just want to apologize for my English as I'm Italian, I'll try to be as clear as possible when writing. ;)

As I was saying, in the afternoon I got my brand new F-Sport upgraded with the Navi Pack wich suprisingly added the electrically folding mirrors (no mention of this on any catalog) and I have yet to begin to know it well.

I read the car's user manual but I found some things that are not clear:

- How to open/close the power windows in comfort mode? I tried to keep pressed the unlock/lock button with the key pointed to the car but nothing happened. The user manual says that I may want to contact my dealer to "customize" this setting by reprogramming "something". Is it true or am I doing something wrong?

- How to make the electrically folding windows close/open automatically when I open/close the car with the key or the keyless system? On my previous car it worked as standard just by pressing the buttons on my key. I haven't found such setting in the car's menu!

- How to enable the "Follow-me-home" feature? By opening the car in the dark of my garage (lights on AUTO) I noticed that the LED daylights turned on but when I close the car there is no light! I have the standard Xenon HID lights.

I think that's all I have to ask!

In the next days I will surely be able to familiarize with the car, but for now one thing I have to say is: the whole thing on my previous Mercedes was more user friendly and immediate.

Just saying.

Thanks everybody for your help!

Marco

Windows opening or closing using the key fob is called Global Opening and has to be activated by your Lexus dealer. My mirrors on my luxury version do not fold in when the car is locked, not sure if the sport version has this option,again ask the dealer.

Windows opening or closing using the key fob is called Global Opening and has to be activated by your Lexus dealer. My mirrors on my luxury version do not fold in when the car is locked, not sure if the sport version has this option,again ask the dealer.

I see.

I'll ask the dealer about this, thank you!

My 300h has an auto folding/unfolding button, if you can't find it then I guess there's no such option in yours. Can't seem to find follow me home function and I'll try holding the high beam stalk after turning off the car.

From memory the follow me home function is simply pulling the headlamp stalk towards you and releasing. Lights remain on for a short while.

My 300h has an auto folding/unfolding button, if you can't find it then I guess there's no such option in yours. Can't seem to find follow me home function and I'll try holding the high beam stalk after turning off the car.

I have that button in the car, was wondering if there is a way to link that function at the key unlock/lock button. Maybe it is possible by programming as the same way I have to do for the power windows thing.

From memory the follow me home function is simply pulling the headlamp stalk towards you and releasing. Lights remain on for a short while.

Thanks, I'll try this.

In the old Merc the lights (Auto position) stayed on for about 15-20 secs after leaving the car and closing it, only if I was in a dark place.

Again, maybe I can even ask for "programming" this as I suppose is something related to the crepuscular sensor.

I'm going to ask and let you know what Lexus dealer will tell me.

Dicomar, if the button is available and the green light is on then the auto system should be working and mirrors should fold/unfold when cars is locked/unlocked. Unless the function is linked to remote windows/sunroof operation and since you don't have it now so auto mirrors won't be working.

I talked to my dealer and he said that usually they customize those settings when they prepare the car during the pre-delivery operations, but in this case they forgot to do it for some reason.

Tomorrow or monday I'm going at my dealership in order to fix this and will see the changes!

Also, looking at your car in the avatar I noticed that you have the "shark fin" on the roof and mine doesn't have it.

It's very nice and sporty but in our market they decided not to put it on the cars.

---

In the meantime I quickly arranged a photo gallery of the car if you're interested in seeing it: GALLERY

• Like 1

Today I went to the dealer and finally I got the global opening setting fixed plus another customized setting about the doors unlock when turning off the engine while in P gear.

They told me I can customize some other settings by myself going in the car settings, from the navigator screen, and entering the "CUSTOMIZE VEHICLE" menu but only when the ignition is on, otherwise the menu became inaccessible (gray text).

Unfortunately the guy who did the work with the OBD socket told me that it's not possible to enable the mirrors automatic folding, when opening/closing with the remote key, as this feature is not available on the F-Sport model.

I guess this function is relegated to the "Luxury" trim (the highest trim in Italy) and frankly I'm a bit disappointed because this is even standard/optional on many other less expensive cars like my son's 2012 Seat Ibiza FR with the 200€ electronic pack!

Anyways the car is superb and it goes as expected, I'm satisfied...even if they could have done a more user friendly infotainment and navigation system!

I hope in future updates from mylexus.com

• 8 months later...

Hi Dicomar,

I have just found your post whilst searching for information about "follow me home" lights.

I have the same car as you in Celestial Black but with the basic navigation package.

My mirrors fold in and out either using the key fob to remote lock/unlock or by using keyless lock/unlock.

On the drivers armrest above the door mirror adjustment buttons I have 2 buttons.

The one closest to the steering wheel will fold the mirrors for driving through tight spaces and the one closest to the door sets them to auto for when I lock/unlock the car.

The only difference I can think is that I have the memory drivers seat function. Does your car have this function?

the auto folding mirrors is available on the F sport models ( in the u.k that's is) but only with the leather package i.e electric seat and steering wheel adjust. I know this because this is one of the things I wanted.

• 5 years later...
5 minutes ago, 2016 Lexus IS300H said:

so my lexus is300h is a 2016 model but since its british it doesnt come with the auto fold button but if does have a fold button. so i think that means auto folding isnt available on mine?

if you don't have an auto button next to the mirror fold button then no you don't have that feature.