Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Test Drive Of Is250 F 2010

Poor reviews?? Any particular areas they are saying are poor?

Personally I don't think there is a better performance saloon out there for the price chap.

Full service history is a must in my opinion. Should be every 10K or annual. Means the car you are looking at should have 3 if not 4 services in the book.

Most of us have Lexus service history throughout, but Toyota would probably be fine as well.

Brakes are quite pricey, as are tires if you stick with the Bridgestones or Michelins. The design means stone chips are common on the front bumper, bonnet and wings. Make sure the alloys aren't kerbed too badly either.

All in all they are very good cars to drive with plenty of performance, sleeper good looks, practical compared to other 400+ HP saloons (two adults in the back is fine, as is a boot of luggage or shopping).

Running costs aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Tax is another £400 odd for a year as well.

Let us know how you get on chap.

Cheers.

Pete :)

Interesting, I would be curious to know which reviews you refer to. The only poor review I found before I bought one was Clarkson criticising the gearbox for being too eager to change up/down when driving in auto. I have found with mine that, particularly in sport mode, the box seems keener to change down when deriving leisurely across country or in town than I might choose, which is why I reserve sport mode for when I need it. However I personally feel that criticising a performance car for attempting to match gear to speed in a performance oriented way is like criticising the engine for having too much power because most of the time you don't use it.

Incidentally I had go in the latest C63 on a track recently and I was struck by how much more drivable the IS-F is. The traction control in particular in the merc is really intrusive and knocks the engine right back so you have to get the turbos spooled up again to get any get up and go. It's amazing how much sweeter to drive the IS-F is.

Hi all, my IS200 may need to be retired soon, test driving a pearl 2010 ISF on Friday. Any tips, should I ignore the poor reviews that keep cropping up. Its a cracking looking car!

Are you going to test drive an ISF or an IS250 F Sport as mentioned in the thread title? I ask because I didn't know of a white 10 plate ISF for sale at the moment (it's a small and close-knit community!)

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links