Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

VVTi Query

Stitcher

Maybe someone can advise. I've just taken delivery of my new IS 200 Sport with new Sport Styling Kit ( photo attached) . I'm still running it in but have opened it up a couple of times and here lies the question. On my old IS 200 Se there was a noticeable increase in power at 4500 revs when the VVTi came in. On the the new car I can feel nothing at 4500 revs, no power increase. Could this be cause the cars new and still tight ?

Also I've just read here that running at the same revs for too long can cause a flat spot. I've just done about 400 miles at a steady 85 +/- . Could this have done any damage. I've now got 500 miles on the clock.

My IS200 SE has just clocked 9000 miles,now the engine has loosened up very nicely and it has become very responsive

The VVTi is more noitceable now at 4500 revs,when it kicks in I can feel a extra surge of power

:D

I hate you Sticher!!!:lol::lol::lol:

The 3 weeks, 1 day, 2 hours and 53 seconds I have to wait for my new baby are really gonna drag after seeing that pic!

It looks very smart, congrats:cool:

ps, have they made a decent job of fitting and painting the skirts?

The skirts are spot on, really professional job by the body shop. I'm glad I decided to fit them as I think it does need them to finish off the kit.

I really like the wheels but unfortunately the finish on them is not very good. No surprise there then !!!!!!

Will look forward to seeing it in Strathcarron when yours arrives.

I really like the wheels but unfortunately the finish on them is not very good. No surprise there then !!!!!!

What do you mean about the finish on the wheels???

I have been thinking about maybe having mine polished when I get them:cool:

Originally posted by Chris Shipley

How have you managed to get headlamp washers because the "Sport" kit normally  doesn't have them ?

Yes I eventually got them fitted at the dealer paid for by Lexus GB.  It did take quite a few emails and finally a call to Lexus GB before they gave in and agreed to fit them FOC.

Edited by Matthew_McNally

Originally posted by andyhart21

What do you mean about the finish on the wheels???

I have been thinking about maybe having mine polished when I get them:cool:

The wheels have a matt finish on them and appear to be painted ??? Unfortunately the face of the alloys are finished ok but the inner cavitys are duller and look to have been only partially oversprayed. On my front passenger side wheel the paint appears to have chipped off posssibly stone chip as it hasn't been kerbed.

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

the wheels are imported specially for Lexus GB from South Africa.

Can you give me any more details on the wheels. As I said they appear to be painted. I did notice that they have the same Makers Logo as the standard IS200 wheels.

I have the same car with the sports styling kit on with the raised spoiler and the headlamp washers were put on as standard without any arguments?

Have I just been lucky?

I'll post some photo's up over the weekend - I need to polish it first!

Originally posted by simonskippy

I have the same car with the sports styling kit on with the raised spoiler and the headlamp washers were put on as standard without any arguments?

Have I just been lucky?

I'll post some photo's up over the weekend - I need to polish it first!

You got the washers fitted coz yours is the IS SE Simon, and you must have had the kit fitted after you bought the car. Sticher had his kit factory fitted which is only available on the IS Sport, and you normally lose the washers when taking out this option:mad:

I thought about giving them some hassle about having them fitted to mine before it arrives but I just can't be arsed

Even though I did more or less properly run-in the car, it didn't really really noticably losen up. Maybe at 1000miles, maybe at 5000-6000miles. Been using normal 95RON fuel and frequently visiting the VVti zone, noticed a bit more urge. But used Optimax for the first time the other day (after reading EVO!) and wow!! Real kick at the zone! actually, it goes from really sluggish below 2500 to suddenly a bit more decent go and then...... ahhhhh finally! 4500revs!

• 9 months later...

:geek:

It was the same thing with the current Celica (which I traded in regrettably for my last car).

Once you have run in the motor, the car screams. In the case of the Celica, right up to the 8300rpm (I think you guys get the VVTL-i version in the UK) redline.

As with the IS200, the fun starts at 4500rpm.

• 3 months later...