Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

thanks for all the feedback. Have eliminated the Continental as a friend had them on a toureg and said they were entertaining once you left tarmac. The pirelli are interesting but too many iffy comments around and they don't perform as well as Lattitude in the tests and are £100 more expensive by the time I have got the discounts. So will pull the trigger on a set out Lattude Tour HP from f1autocentre and report back in a few weeks,

• Like 1

Don't forget though the american market is completely dominated by the mileage the tyres can give more than anything else, its usual for a set of tyres to have a wear and damage warranty of 60,000miles :unsure: I am damn sure I'd be very suspicious of any tyre that gave that mileage over wet or dry grip, on our roads I'd rather replace every 20K and know I'll be coming out each corner the facing the same way as I went in :hehe:

I am fairly sure that the tyres in the states are different to ours. The mileage claims are just too large. I reckon I've done well doing 40k on my bridgestones and that is largely motorway. The us talk about doing 70-80k on a set....

Tyres are exactly the same. Pirelli scorpion verde all season are made in Britain and they get exported out whereas Michelin are made over there and get imported in. No difference in tyres but obviously you have to be skeptical of the mileage claims. Other than that the tyres are very good. Michelin's are very quiet, had them on the last RX. Never had pirelli scorpion verde all season though but it gets good reviews and if im not mistake, is oem on Range Rover Evoque's and the new RR Sport, probably because theyre made in britain tbh

Curious as to where you get your information as I have heard the opposite, most US tyres are made in the states or made for that market. Note hey arent milage claims they are milage guarantees. Most Goodyear are circa 90k and Michelin 65k. I consider myself good on tyres but count myself fortunate if I can get 50k out of a set. 40 is my norm. American roads are if anything worse than ours so I just dont see it. See tyrerack etc for more info,,,,,

Because on the US site TIRERACK, the Pirelli's say MADE IN BRITAIN on them and over here in the UK, the Michelin Latitudes say MADE IN USA

Well if they are normal product shots the normal disclaimer applies "images of items may not be the same as supplied"

Hells bells I used to take piccies of LHD vehicles and switch them around for RHD territories, badges and wheel caps turned around and you'd never know, even the fuel caps were added or deleted if required.

However... Tyre rated at 70dB will be quieter than the one rated at 72dB when driving on the same surface.

No that isn't true. A tyre rated at 70dB will be quieter than one rated at 72dB on the test road surface. On a different surface the 70dB tyre may actually be noisier than the 72dB rated tyre.

However... Tyre rated at 70dB will be quieter than the one rated at 72dB when driving on the same surface.

No that isn't true. A tyre rated at 70dB will be quieter than one rated at 72dB on the test road surface. On a different surface the 70dB tyre may actually be noisier than the 72dB rated tyre.

True, but quite unlikely..........unless there is a some kind of acoustic wave interference in the tread pattern caused by that particular road surface.

I'll be happy with the rated comparitor levels and leave the chances to ..........well......chance! :innocent:

• 2 months later...

Another vote for the Scorpion Verde All Season - had mine a couple of months now and have not seen much wear and the road noise is reduced from the previous continentals

I ended up getting Hankook Ventus. Very quiet and marked as All Season so should be ok in winter. The best thing, they were only £98ea on special offer.

Had them on mine for last two years and can't fault them and cheap!!!

To the OP - did you get the Michelin Lattitude Tour HP tyres in the end? Need new tyres soon and would be interested in how you found them. Currently have the Bridgestone Potenzas, but find the ride quality not great, too harsh and unforgiving over broken road surfaces especially.

I have a set of Hankook Ventus on my 2010 ML and they are fine tyres but I 'd not want to test the "all season" claim looking at the tread pattern, also they seem a bit "squidgy" when pushing on, so a good tyre but probably not the best.

Also put a set of Michelin Primacy 3 on the RX a few months ago, they are lovely tyres, very positive feel, quiet and comfy and extremely good grip in the wet.

These have got to be worth a try Rainsport 3 Uniroyal very very good in the wet.

Check out mytyres.co.uk they got good reviews and at £108 a corner.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the Michelin Lattitude Tour HPs - so much better than the Bridgestone Potenzas, much smoother and softer ride, particularly over road imperfections. Seem quieter as well. Makes the whole car so much better to drive. I would say that they match the comments the American RX owners are giving about them, so probably are exactly the same tyres sold here.

Came to £581 for four tyres including precision balance upgrade from F1 Autocentres (got 5% discount code from their Twitter account). One strange thing though - they couldn't do an alignment check as they couldn't find the RX400h on their system, and it wouldn't let them enter the data manually.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Quick update after a few thousand miles.

The lattitude tours initially were very noisy and jiggly until I checked the pressures and found that f1 had set them to 40psi now they are at 32 they are quiet and way better than the bridgestones. The mpg appears to be up 2mpg as well.

Appear to be wearing well

Recommended

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought my RX400h it had one Pirelli scorpion on the back, strange I know all the other tyres matched, and on the test drive I was sure a rear wheel bearing was going, after buying the car a put a full set of Hankook Ventus on and the noise from the back went away ! These Hankook tyres are spot on, very quiet and plenty of grip in all weathers.

Hi

my new Goodyear Vector 4season have arrived, have got excellent reviews, gets very close to summer tyres and winter tyres in performance, will get them fitted and we shall see!

Cost £93 each from Oponeo, the week before they were £83 each!

Cheers Jason

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone used the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 33 over a winter period? How are they?

Been wondering on the Pirelli Scoripon All season as very good pricing, anyone run them over winter?

Will check out the Hanooks as well

Fitted Vredestein Wintrac 4Xtreme's always had them on my Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 , fantastic tyres which happily stay on all year round with no reduction on grip or performance . Oponeo at £109 a corner :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links