Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Constant Squeaking?

shuaibakhtar

Hi guys, just wanted to know if any of you guys have experienced this or know what it could be.

Basically while driving my car is squeaking and it sounds like its from the front of the car. Squeaks more when turning then it does in a straight line and doesnt seem to squeak when on a ramp or jack, only when its under load. Also when braking the sound goes away until I release the brakes..

Its really winding me up as it seems to be getting louder and louder. :eerrrmm:

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi

My wife has this problem with a Mini Cooper and it is driving me up the walls. I suspect it is ill fitting brake pads which have been replaced in the car. As mentioned above the squeaking goes away when the brake is pressed. The Mini had new brake pads and discs all round when she brought it, but I suspect it is not the correct parts and the pads are moving about when she is driving. It is identifcal to what you have descripted and my mate who is a mechanic suspects this, although it will need to go up in the air and have the wheels removed to be sure. I would be very keen to hear everyone else opinion on this. Because as you say it drives you insane.

I've already gone and had my drivers front wheel bearing and balljoints changed as these needed doing anyway with no positive effect! However my next idea was maybe the discs and pads needed changed due to cheap ones being fitted, but don't want to spend money where it is not needed as I have plenty of life left in the pads! I hope someone has a solution to this.

IIRC the IS200 uses as on the LS400 caliper pins on the front brakes, these are reknowned for seizing/sticking but generally cause a knocking noise on cornering which goes when pressing he brakes.

• 1 month later...

SOLUTION! Finally got to the bottom if this. The squeaking was indeed my front brake pads which needed cleaning up. Also if any of you guys are experiencing a ticking noise from the rear as if you have a stone stuck in the tyre. Check the handbrake shoes, it solved my problem and im so glad lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links