Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Modified Is Your Lexus?

Fidgits

How modified is your Lexus, and what are your intentions?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How modified is your Lexus, and what are your intentions?

• It is completely standard, and will stay that way.
    • It is currently standard, but will be modified soon.
    • I have done a few small modifications.
    • I have done some small mods, and I am planning more.
    • I have done quite a lot, and have no more plans.
    • I have done a lot, and am searching for more to do.
    • I am building the ultimate machine.
    • I am building the ultimate machine, and wont stop until its perfect.

I've done a few very minor tweaks to my IS 200 S, but mainly to improve on what's already there and move it up to SE spec ;-)

I'm a purist at heart and wouldn't want to undermine the car's quality or reliability by tinkering. I'd also be concerned about increased depreciation of a modded car.

If I had a Sport, I'd probably leave it standard (oh, except for sports grille, painted calipers, and short front plate... and maybe illuminated scuff plates too).

Boring I know.

However, I love reading what folk on here get up to with their cars, kudos to you guys.

Nige

I selected "Have done a lot, and am searching for more to do."....

Don't think my car falls into the Ultimate category really - and not sure how much more I will do (considering the circumstances), but I think I've done a little more to my motor than average......

I was always happy with my "standard" GS300. then due to a rediculous amount of stone chipping I replaced the front grille with a bargain priced sports one. on the same day I had been jousting with the Supercharged boys about how I would get Nos to regain my competitive advantage. When I looked into at JAE I was offered the whole job for the price of a good suit of clothes. So I did it. But being a little "sensible" I uprated the brakes first as they had a high speed "wobble" already ( as Harty knows!).

Now I just plan to make it lower and firmer. and maybe whack the subtlest of spoilers (standard Lexus ones of course) on front and maybe rear.

For me its rare to keep a car this long so modding is kinda like buying new car without loosing the car I love.

:yawn:

Looking at the stats for LOC..

It seems, if your car is standard, your more likely to keep it that way..

But if you have modified it, you are more likely to be planning more modifications..

And from the comparison it seems that TOC members are planning more 'ultimate perfect machines' than LOC :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links