Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do All Is200's Have A Limited Slip Diff?

As above,I am trying to find out if my car has an Limited Slip Diff fitted or not? Do all IS200's have this or was it optional?

The reason I am asking is I want to replace the diff oil,opie oils asked me has it an LSD,I said I'm not sure at all,hence the question.

Thanks.Lee.

No not all do. I think all sport models do. But here's how to check if yours does or does not...

On the vin plate will be a long number letter sequence telling the paint code etc... Basically the last few numbers will finish with the letter A or B. B denotes LSD.

LSD oil in an axle without LSD works just as good as the oil without the extra aditive (spelling) do, so to be safe buy the LSD oil.

If you fill an LSD axle with oil that don´t have that aditive it will make a very bad noise when turning.

When I worked as a Toyota mechanic our workshop only had the LSD oil, we used it in all cars, Castrol SAF-XJ. Today that oil is named, Syntrax Limited Slip 75W-140

No not all do. I think all sport models do. But here's how to check if yours does or does not...

On the vin plate will be a long number letter sequence telling the paint code etc... Basically the last few numbers will finish with the letter A or B. B denotes LSD.

great info there,I will check it out.

Thanks.Lee.

• 5 years later...

18 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I`ve been asking for about 3 years now for this Forum to introduce Sequential Numbering of Posts !!!

It`s like talking to a brick wall.

We had it briefly a while back but then gone again! :dk: 

9 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

We had it briefly a while back but then gone again! :dk: 

Indeed we did,but then Steve told me that something had gone wrong with his system and he did not know what the problem was.

It is a pity, as you know well it is a feature of many other systems and often very useful too.

Your new wagon is looking a tad grubby and could do with some tarting up!!

Enjoy.

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

our new wagon is looking a tad grubby and could do with some tarting up!!

Wife is threatening divorce if I clean it on day 3 of ownership! 

Storm clouds are gathering anyway, guess we'll have rain within the hour ..

• Like 1