Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

? Abs Problem

jeffreyt

I think I might have an ABS problem and thought I'd post it up to see if anyone had similar experience before I take it into Lexus in Reading for their opinion/expensive fix.

I get a loud buzzing noise when I brake and it occurs just before the car comes to a stop (about 1 or 2 mph) .It sounds like the ABS kicking in but there is no vibration just the Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It doesn't happen when I touch the brakes in normal driving to slow down only when the car has almost stopped and I have my foot on the brake pedal.

According to the handbook the ABS system cuts out below 3mph so really puzzled by this.

The other thing is that it started happening immediately I got the car back from Reading Lexus after they had carried out the air bag recall a couple of months ago.

I haven't used the car for the last couple of months due to the attrocious weather and hadn't given it much thought but now with all this sunshine its the main driver.

I don't see how work on the air bag activation electrics could affect the ABS so probably more coincidence than connection.

Had the car up on the ramps at my friends garage on Saturday to check pads/discs etc to make sure there are no mechanical problems and all fine

Any thoughts anyone ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...