Married to OLU for 2.5years :)

10mth old Son TOMMIE B)

Lived in London for 8year Milton Keynes for the last 2.5years :winky:

Had the RX for about 16mths and just started Modifing after going to a meet

See signature at the bottom :zee:

Modding is expensive business :crybaby:

Oh I am a support analyst :shifty:

hello i'm austin i'm 28 and i'm an alcoholic oops wrong forum :blush: lol

as i said i'm austin i have a 94 GS300 which i got about 7 months ago i'm an aircraft engineer in the airforce working with everything from engines to airframes ( we have a carbon fibre bay too) was a manufacture engineer before that first real mod is going on the car imminently and hopefully springs and tints next month

• 2 weeks later...

Just call me Mr observant :blush: , been a member 19 months and missed this thread altogether :) .

I'm Bob , been married to Sue for over 17 years, have 3 children, daughter 13 ,and two sons 15 and 12.

Both my boys are disabled and in wheel chairs ( both need 24hr care )), up until 5 years ago i worked as a car mechanic, this i done for near 20 years but due to the pressures and demand of my boys circumstance, both me and the wife gave up our jobs, to look after them full time.

Did have a very active car show calendar, including Billing 3 times and dozens of classic and Japanese meets.

Now life tend to keep me close to home, sorry i can't get out to meet you chaps, but as you can seen my days are filled 24/7.

As to my interests outside the family ... you guys pump money into your motors, I am a keen collector of all matters Toyota/Lexus , diecast models , brochures..the house is full of them. :)

The internet as been a godsend for me, being able to keep up with all matters Toyota/Lexus, including Celica-Club, TOC and LOC ...keep up the good work guys :winky:

Marco from Portoroz , Slovenia- nice place in the summer :D

37 and counting ... No wife, no kids.

Started as a IT programmer in 92. Now co-owner of 3 IT companys.

Oldfashion VAN stuff and newage WEB-EDI Java applications. Love what i do. :P

Hobbies: gym, basket, skiing and enjoying during summertime

Bought a 2002 RX300 PLUS in Jan this year for 30k€ in Italy since there is no Lexus dealer here. Nice car :driving: .

Very happy :) to have found LOC. Got answers on many things in this forum. Thanks guys.

Still have to move my DTS audio-video system from my old Mazda 626 into the RX300. :yawn:

Had PIONEER AVM-P9000R AudioVideo Master, XDV-P9II Multi DVD Player and AVX-7300 screen unit.

Basicly need to get video from AVM into the NAV SAT screen and oudio pre-out from the stereo into AVM...

Do the guys at converters.tv or nav.tv still sell the CVS-PAL to RGB+ NTSC converters?

Just call me Mr observant  :blush: , been a member 19 months and missed this thread altogether :) .

I'm Bob , been married to Sue for over 16 years, have 3 children, daughter 13 ,and two  sons 15 and 12.

Both my boys are disabled and in wheel chairs ( both need 24hr care )), up until 5 years ago i worked as a car mechanic, this i done for near 20 years but due to the pressures and demand of my boys circumstance, both me and the wife gave up our jobs, to look after them full time.

Did have a very active car show calendar, including Billing 3 times and dozens of classic and Japanese meets.

Now life tend to keep me close to home, sorry i can't get out to meet you chaps, but as you can seen my days are filled 24/7.

As to my interests outside the family ... you guys pump money into your motors, I am a keen collector of all matters Toyota/Lexus , diecast models , brochures..the house is full of them. :)

The internet as been a godsend for me, being able to keep up with all matters Toyota/Lexus, including Celica-Club, TOC and LOC ...keep up the good work guys :winky:

hi Bob

let us know if there`s anything, we as a club can help you out with

if your lads like cars we could organise a meet

Just call me Mr observant  :blush: , been a member 19 months and missed this thread altogether :) .

I'm Bob , been married to Sue for over 16 years, have 3 children, daughter 13 ,and two  sons 15 and 12.

hi Bob

let us know if there`s anything, we as a club can help you out with

if your lads like cars we could organise a meet

Thats very kind of you Bazza :)

I'm Martin, 32 (already... Jeeez), living in Powys but originally from Aberdare (South Wales, not Africa), working for the council.

Always been a Toyota boy ('82 Corolla, '86 Corolla, '90 Carina II, '96 Carina E) so Lexus was the obvious progression. Bought an N reg GS from the auctions, got stung a bit on that one (ball joints, exhaust, crankshaft oil seal) but shelled out on a 52-plate GS300 last month. Old one's gone to my mate Adrian Thomas (I'll leave him to introduce himself, he's already on the site).

Mike (The Inspector) Morse

42 years young

Operations Manager for world market leader in Drill Bit technology (the big stuff that costs $000's) used in drilling oil & gas bore holes. Worked in West Africa since 1996 - Angola, Nigeria, Chad, Congo, Cameroon. Currently based back in the UK but spend 10-14 days a month in Lagos & Port Harcourt (Nigeria).

Married to Prisca (from Cameroon) who is due to take her test on Friday after nearly 200hrs of lessons.........Wish her good luck! :driving:

Bought my first Lexus in 08/03 - IS200 Sport. Loved the build quality but hated the notchy 6 speed manual and sluggish (sorry guys...) performance and traded up to a new IS300 12/03. Was working overseas most of the time so didn't really get chance to start playing around with it until I came across the LOC

Been busy modding since January and just can't get enough....

Hey there y'all :D I'm Niraj, nobody really knows me yet, i only started posting today. Anyway, you can call me Nij or Niraj, whatever you all prefer, no difference to me. I always turn my head whichever name you shout. :whistling: hahaha.

I'm 22 live in london, no kids, not single, but not married either.

I will have been driving the sweet baby honda civic (98 model) for 5 years in just a little over a month from now. It was my first true love, and i will always love her, but i think its time to upgrade to a WOMAN (Lexus IS200) and trade in the old girl (Civic) soon.

I love modding my car & my mates cars to "anything but the norm", some would say a boy racer, although i dont really race. I just pose and pretend to race! :lol:

I used to work at Harts Motors in Markyate (Jct9 off the M1) since i was 16 because it's a family run business. Although I have moved away from the overalls and into a suit I still have my valuable knowledge about cars. I've been working as an ICT Administrator for a Security firm for 10 months now, and have been saving for an IS200 for 9 months! Most "IT dudes" drive M3's and SL's but i prefer a more lush down to earth type of car, which is why i have my heart set on a Lex.

I have a website which is really just a place for my friends to just chill and surf to, when they have nothing better to do... got a huge Lexus gallery on there, you will probably find your car in there if you look at it... sorry in advance for using the pics but i'm sure you Lexus owners understand that i only "borrowed" them out of my love and respect for the cars and their owners :D my webpage for anyone who's interested.

Erm, okay well, i guess that's a good start and i'm going to be quiet for a bit :shutit:

Hope i get to know all y'all a bit better :zee:

Regards,

Niraj

:driving:

• 3 weeks later...

Names Neil

Age 44 (I Think if this is the calander year of 2005)

Mental age getting younger every day!

Divorced and now married to Jennie

Got 3 kids from previous marriage, 3 step kids and a 5 month old with Jen.

Self employed and design and commission comms systems for railways, that includes CCTV, PA, Help Points, Phones, Data Systems, Radio etc.

Done a bit of progamming during college days studying Engineering, anyone remember FORTRAN?

Got 3 old motorbikes as well a 79 Honda 550, 77 Yamaha TY 175 trials, and a 57 Matchless 350 single.

Had the IS for just over 2 years and love it, just started mods. Kicked off looking at Super Chip then found LOC and the rest is history. Great forums and massive amount of knowledge within the club. Great to see it shared out, some forums seem to be (knowledge is power) and "what you didn't know that?" (look down the nose).

Hobbies well cars and bikes I guess, play golf badly as well but it's good fun.

:blush:

I`m new around here, but already exchanged with a few peeps, as well as vented some of my opinions!! :ph34r:

Me? Dan 34, currently out of a job, but doing a distance learning MBA course.

Wife, Teresa B&Q Bletchley Admin. 2 Boys: Cameron 5, Logan 3.

Granite Sky 52, 40000k unmodded IS 200, although i`ve got blue bulbs, felty seatbelt pads, an ERSC sticker and soon to be placed gold LOC ones :D

Boarding School education in stourbridge then have gone from job to job to job since. Was last employed setting up MKDons ticketing/policies etc :blush::blush:

But left 'cos a)i can`t stand football (rugby :D ), B)i almost committed suicide with a blunt spoon due to the frustration!!! :tsktsk:

So know a little about a lot of industries, but finding it really difficult to find anything to interest me jobwise, even though i`m supposed to be studying for board level :yawn:

Unfortunately there isn`t much call for starship captains, so it`ll have to be warpspeed in my motor, not that i can afford a s/c without a job(!) and have already got told off for speeding by loc members :whistling: :D

I`m v.sorry to say i`m one of these people who is getting a postgrad degree purely because it facilitates more points on the emigration form. Hopefully Perth, if not NZ. In the meantime house is on market to finance temp move to SPain where we can dig a big hole and grow Juniper bushes (life of brian reference there, python fans).

This is all due to me absolutely loathing what this nation has become, unfortunately, where corporate greed (rover, the apprentice-what horrible people), celebrity mediocrity, vacuosity, inaneness and dumbing down is celebrated and rewarded. A good example is how that woman who claimed 36 grand in benefits per annum is now referred to as a celebrity, instead of being culled :tsktsk: .

With vested self interest above all else, where not even niteclubs now insist on 'dress to impress', and football thuggery( i`m dying, oooh magic sponge, all better acting) and shocking pay packets are seen as the norm, but volunteers in tsunami areas are never known, i am extremely depressed by this once great civil society.

The downside is the living on a farm in spain one does not have access to main dealerships, modding garages, sky + and british TV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

(isn`t hustle the best thing on at the 'mo? makes a cool ringtone too :winky: )

Nice to see some nice people on here though, genuinly helping others out, and i think it is a real shame that people don`t aspire to getting along with each other for the benefit of all-----------------------i would have made a good knight B) :D

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My name is Jules, I am 32 and I live in Norwich with my wife Mel and our daughter Amber.

I work for the Government and am currently employed in the Lincolnshire area.

I have a 2004 IS200 which I love in Astral Black, MODs so far, P900 installed with HCB37, HCA20 and bracket. Painted Callipers with Lexus logo's.

Love the site, its great to get the help you need from the people in the know. Thanks LOC. :D

Hello

My name is Stephen, my better half is Wendy (no sprogs yet).

Sometimes wear suits but wouldnt understand IT if it bIT me.

I have a security company (alarms, cctv etc) which employs around 20 people and naturally causes me my fair share of stress...but lets me run a 2004 IS300.

Dont smoke or gamble, which is a good job with the price of petrol.

Living in Reading affords me the "pleasure" of supporting (ha) Reading FC. (I blame me father).

Like Neil above (below) I play golf badly.

Apart from cleaning the IS (dont buy a black car) I havent spent any money...yet.

As my brother is in New Zealand, my goal is to end up on the south island swimming with seals everyday.....then I woke up and the toast was on fire.

Hi people,

I've not really been that active with the replies as of yet, still tryin to figure out what to do about the bloody ERR3 on my 2000 is200 se auto!! :angry: Had it for about 2 months, Lex ownership (Lexership??!!) has come after 4 years with a Civic (i feel that love Niraj!!).

Well, i'm still a student, living at home and studying Dentistry at Manchester University. No mods been done yet, student loans don't stretch that far...i think i'll save em all for when i graduate next year and join the rat race (i'm really feelin that 600 bhp supra motor, mat!).

Anyway, nice to know that all LOC members possess REAL names too!!

Keep this thread going!

Aftab

Hi all,

I've already posted an intro on the Altezza thread so rather than re-type it all I'll just cut n paste....

Hi all!

New to the world of Lexus, did have a MR2 at one point so not completely new to Toyota. However, I've mainly been a Honda fan and currently own 3 Honda's.

Ok 1st thing first I'm after a black RS200 and seeing Mr. Singh's Altezza makes me want one even more. Mr Sing you have a sweet car, if you are reading this can you tell me what you have done to the externally please?

I guess my first port of call is AltezzaScott (done a bit of searching you see ;) ) So Scott send me a PM if you have anything interesting in black oh and manual.

Right a little bit about myself, as I've mentioned I'm a big Honda fan, but now I need to get rid of the Civic for a an interesting 4 door. Test drove a Scooby STI Prodrive ~ 305BHP, was ready to sign on the dotted line but the testdrive left me so deflated I walked away. The interior was very basic apart from the Recaro seats B) Also looked at the EVO VI but insurance and running cost are a bit on the high side.

I've now decided on completing the turbo conversion on my other Honda, CRX siR for my thrills. I could always go the SC route with the Altezza if need be in the future. What kind of costs are we talking about on the supply & fitting of an SC and what kind of power?

Have a look at my other Honda's on my website.....

www.g4crx.com

My CRX

66.jpg

Turbo update.... http://www.g4crx.com/Turbo_Install.html

Looking at around 280BHP on a daily driver with built internals.

My Prelude which may be up for PX for the right Altezza....

Prelude_2004_7.jpg

Ash

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

The name is Juned though everyone calls me JJ

Bought a Lexus 3 months back and its the best purchase I have made.

Am 30 yrs old and a Product Development Director with a Media Entertainment Technology company and we build software for mobiles and PDAs

Love cars and one among my favourite vehicles which I had was a 1942 World War II Ford Jeep (do they call it Jeep anymore ??), which was mostly a weekend vehicle.

In between had a few cars but i think the Lexus beats all of them. When I bought this I had thought of a BMW but better sense made me get the best car.

Looking forward to being here....

Hi All -

Real name Nigel 41, married to Gayle for 16 months, been with her for 28 years, but never was one to make hasty decisions (except once). Have the pigeon pair of kids, Dominic 18 and Aliesha 15.

Got my GS300 SE 4 weeks ago while looking to buy a Merc, I know!, close shave or what! lots of Mercs in showroom and 1 Lexus, was curios why, got in it, got out, got key from salesman, drove it, Gayle drove it, got back, bought it! :D

Took me 26 years to marry Gayle and took about an hour to buy my first Lexus. :blush:

Work for the Goverment (21 years), Not in IT, altho I am the network administrator for our building and yes I do wear a suit most of the time.

Anyway nice to meet you all, be seeing you round all

• 2 weeks later...

:) Hello my name is James, 27

Married for 6 years to Sarah 27. Have to panlids, Rebecca 3 and Amy 10 mth. The coven as i tenderly call them.

Bought my is 200 about 3 weeks ago from lexus leicester. Belting customer serv.

And im loving the car.

Ex RAF and now i'm a FED in GMP. Have been for the last 3 years.

Enjoy a laugh, meeting new peeps and tinkering with computers. (with a bit of practice i will hopefully tinker with my is, scared of damaging it though)

---looking over my shoulder sarah says put "TOTAL KNOB", somehow i dont think so!!!!!!---- :P :lol:

Well cheers for the great forum.

Regards

James

post-10018-1119096426.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.I have already said hello when i joined but i thought i would tell you a bit more.

My name is Justin,i am 31 and have been married to Heather for 9 years,together for 13.We have 2 rugrats,Chloe(7) and Sophie(3) and i work for Sainsburys as a nightshift manager in my local store in West Monkseaton,North Tyneside(or on the coast if you know the area!!)

I have only been driving for four and a half years but have had 7 cars already.

Ford Ka-1st car :whistling:

Picasso-stupid looking easter egg,bought because of second child on way,felt 70 when driving it!! :blush:

Mondeo 2lt zetec-enjoyed this,good mover but wanted a badge :driving:

Lexus IS200se-Got the badge,didn't like the gearbox and scared of running costs and snow driving with rear wheel drive,and sold it after 6 months:angry:

2 Ford Focus's-bought 1 each for me and wife,moddified mine,looked great but craved for the Lexus brand again :)

Lexus IS200seAuto-Notice the auto bit!!back where i belong for a long time i hope :D

So,there you go!!

Justin :winky:

Hi everyone - My names Phil I'm 38 and I live in sunny Doncaster.

I'm married to Sarah and we have 2 kids Hannah (8) and Rebekah (4).

I work for the Health Authority and have done so for the past 20 years.

I play golf in my spare time - a very respectable 15 handicap at an extremely difficult golf course (DTM).

Bought a blue Lexus IS 200 Sport on a whim in December 04 after the misses gave me the go ahead to get rid of the Mondeo diesel and get a 2 door BMW.

I do not let little people eat or drink in this car - the Mondeo had horrid things growing on the seats.

Had to replace the cam belt at the 80k service and get a water leak sorted but I had the work done at the Toyota dealers because they don't charge £85 per hour labour!! and they still have the lexus mechanics working there.

No mods apart from my smooth blue hammerite Callipers (£4.25 and borrowed a paint brush from Hannah which I threw away 'cos you cant get them clean after hammerite) and a private plate.

I don't wear a suit although I do own one - it's black and it's for when people I know die

Phil :driving:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I s'pose it's time I got round to throwing my voice in here. I don't post much, but I lurk so often I'm in danger of being branded a stalker. :D

So, I'm Simon (Si), 29, from Dublin, just recently bought a house with my girlfriend of 6 years (Hazel) and have no kids (and no plans!) I'm research director of a hedge fund, which you'd think would allow me to drive an SC430, but for the moment at least I'm in an IS200 of 2000 vintage, Granite Sky (called Titanium over here I believe) and thus far the only "mods" I've managed are getting my alloys refurbed and 4 new tyres... I'm not really the modding sort, but if I continue reading posts in LOC that may change!

My last car was my first car, a trusty 1 litre Polo which was so slow you could measure 0-60 on an egg timer. Overtaking was something that required at least 3 miles of straight road and good visibility. I wanted a Lexus for a while, and finally bought myself one for my birthday back in April. Still smiling now...

Incidentally, my moniker has nothing to do with the Class A drug of the same name. I actually play the organ (fnar fnar) in my spare time, which has got to be one of the least cool things anyone in their 20s can do. Diapason is a kind of organ stop. Hands up who knew that. :question:

Well, that's it from me. Back to lurking!

Si

• 4 weeks later...

Nice reading, makes everything a bit more personal... and thats nice :)

Christopher

22 years of age

Live in Oslo, Norway where i currently work as a manager of a gas station...

School on the side (sales)

I have a girlfreind (allmost 4 yrs now) that is a photographer

No plans whatsoever of getting kids yet...

Hobbies include guitar, cars (mainly lexus) Role Playing games, photoshop stuff and music

I have had one Lexus IS200 before.

...And i just bought a new apartment!! (thats why the car is kinda stock..)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Robin 25years young living in a small village called Frampton near Dorchester Dorset

been with long term girl friend Gemma for over 6 years no kids no house but a RS200 :D

I'm an Engineer by trade (fitter) building machines for the food industry cutting cheese, spraying foods with flavourings and oils ect ect. I've been doing this for over 7 years now and work with most sizes of 304 and 316 grade stainless steel so if peeps need anything making, copying,repairing ect ect give us a pm and will see what I can do

I've had my RS200 for about a month now and lovin it

spent so much money on mods but there all in my head at the mo hopefully they will make it on to the car some day

Love music used to dj in clubs over the southwest playing hard trance and techno and love going snowboarding where ever the snows the deepest

thats me

Robin H

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links