Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introductions

SteveAudioX

sorry forgot to add i live in folkestone kent but born and bred in west yorkshire and a yorkshire man through and through so everbody keeps on telling me

but the weathers better down here so i'm working on my tan so i'll have to stop a while

Sorry to keep you in suspense guy's and gal's.

I'm Steve :P

Work as a Workshop/Technical Manager for Veba.

My work involves many Audio/visual installation projects and prototypes, working with design briefs to finalising working AV solutions for the automotive market.

This is my first Lexus but always loved the IS model since I first saw them, A little slugush on my test drive but I had to have one.... Now it's Supercharged and modded as I go along and had saved the money to do so.

I have a Girlfriend but not married yet :unsure:

Love meeting new people and always friendly to give help and advice.

Andy, 27,

live in Milton Keynes (city of roundabouts!!)

Electrical engineer working for beverage can manufacturer (we make those Embossed Stella cans that are easier to hold onto!!)

Have had my 200 sport since late last year, love it to bits but i wish it had another 100 bhp!!!!

Othe main interest after cars is motorbikes, got a gsxr 600 in the garage for those sunny sunday mornings, which more than makes up for the cars lack of power

John

Live in Edinburgh and I am a total weardo as I don't have a IS200 and don't work in IT :D

In fact don't even own a Lexus, my V5 says Audi TT. However my wifes V5 says RX300 but she does'nt work in IT either. Do we feel out of place here or what? :winky:

Anyhoo, age 32, two kids, 1 almost 3 and 1 just over 1.

Work for a Bank but not the 'Big 4' in Quality Management.

No mods in either car just a damn goo polish.

Hobbies Driving ( B) ) Home Cinema, Skiing, Surfing, and of course the kids!

I'm Shahid, 32, Originally from Basildon, Essex but now live in New Malden, Surrey.

Single, no kids!

I work as a psychiatrist, currently in Sutton, but have moved around most of SW London, surrey and West Sussex over the last few years. I don't have a couch but do wear a shirt and tie!

Had my car since Jan 03, only done a few cosmetic trifles so far.... B)

i'm andy, not billy i have a good lady friend claire and my 8 month old son reece i live in rugeley staffs. i'm 25 and work for caterpillar, engine dyno tester B) .i have had my IS200 for 4 months and have just supercharged it :D

I also like this thread - good idea Steve ;)

I am 33, not married, but have been with my partner Mary for 12 years.

No kids - but several of her sisters kids think they live with us.

Somewhat un-originally, I work in IT, wear a suit and tie, and drive an IS icon_rolleyes.gif

I run my own IT consultancy, which Mary and I left secure full time jobs to set up over 5 years ago.

Currently spending a lot of time on the implementation of a certain "Corporate Governance System with blobby charts :P " at several sites.

Also spend waaaayyyy too much time on LOC / TOC, as I am a super moderator on LOC UK and TOC, and Admin on the US and NZ clubs :geek:

Matt Wild 26

soon to be divorced

1 boy Zachary Austin D'Jango Wild

1 girl Linda Partington..... divorced

1 dad with a lex

1 mum with a lex <<< both divorced

crazy eh

hobbies

climbin , seein boy (used to be a full time job), and the car

used to work in sh IT

now i help enforce the law and keep people healthy and safe, (but not in offices thats local authority, unless the office is local authority owned or in a factory.)

ok is my turn i guess,

my real name is Tony...age 34...married, with 1 little monster age 4, another one coming end of December.........

i am a chef...ok so im not in the IT business...hehe

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

i had my IS200SE since 2001...lots of mods and more to come....

hobbies is playing EverQuest on PC, watch Dvd, collecting model cars and model kits.... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Jonathan (shortly to be 47) married to Valerie (43) with one daughter Victoria (10) plus 2 sons from first marriage Ed (19) & Joe (16) who now live in USA.

I'm a partner in a firm of Chartered Accountants and have been for nearly 20 years.

I live in Buckland in Oxfordshire (halfway between Oxford and Swindon) on a small holding.

Spend most of my spare time doing building work on my property but before hand was heavily into off roading now only have a 1949 S1 Landrover and an old Rangerover.

Wife is lady of leisure but don't quote me on that.

Currently run a 1998 LS400 which I've had for a couple of years and except for the fridge in the boot (for the champagne) is totally standard.

My turn: :P

Age 26 in Nov (don't forget my prezzies)

Married with one beautiful daughter (3yrs) and another sibling on the way (Oct')

Dodgy Civil Servant - Work for Department of Constitutional Affairs a.k.a. Lord Chancellors Department! Just been promoted :winky:

Had the car just less than a year...spent jacks on the car...but planning to do some serious modding :blink:

Paul

25 (26 in 1 week 1 day :winky: )

Work in..................you guessed it..................IT, for a small company based in Southport.

Live in Ellesmere Port (or Chester if you listen to the local Lexus dealership :blink: )

Been with the Girlfriend Vicky for a year.

Had the IS for 6 months, no real plans for mods, as I generally only keep cars for 9-12 months.

Football would have to be my biggest hobby (playing & watching)

:D

Phil 38, married to Clare 37 for nearly 13 years. Two Children Beth 7 and Matty 3

I am a solicitor and work in Manchester city centre.

Hobbies are running, drinking far too much wine and listening to sad old hippy music

Had a 2000 V IS200SE for about six months now. No mods - only a new rear bumper and tail light after it was reversed into a concrete post and a new CD player after err3 probs

James (29) from Bristol, married to Helen (28) for 7 years on the 14/9/03 (is it itchy in here or is it just me?) One daughter Natalie (4½ months)

I work as a network engineer (didn't think there were enough IT bods here yet!) but my wife is the brains of the outfit. She's currently on maternity leave, but works as a medical research scientist researching atherosclerosis and plaque rupture, that's heart attacks to you and me!

Own a 98 GS300SE which has spent more time at the dealers than on my drive (it's going back in again on Monday :angry: ) I've had loads of hassle so far-not what I expected when buying a Lexus. My wife enjoys rubbing my nose in the fact that her Mazda 323 cost 66% less than the GS and has not let her down once! She soon shuts up when I remind her on cold mornings that I've got heated seats :P Please heated seats, don't break :ohmy:

Wife and I enjoy pubbing, cinema, eating out, weekends away, walks through beautiful scenery, spectacular views, enjoying time with our new daughter (although not at 3am) and flying kites.

Cracking post steve

Ok, I'm John, 25, originally from Tamworth in the Mids, now living in Manchester with girlfiend of nearly 5 years, getting married in a few years :ohmy:

Just started my own business - I'm a graphic designer, got fed up of making lots of money for other people and thought I'd have a go myself!

Had an IS200 Sport since Jan this year, spent about £300 so far and planning to spend a hell of a lot more as my business is really starting to take off now. I want a supercharger!!!!!!!!!! its just not fast enough as it is. Sports grille on the way.

oh and definiely no kids, although i feel this may well be inevitable? :o

am 32yrs young

married, divorced & re-married with 2 lads also 2 step lads

hgv driver in the day and a hairy ar**d doorman at night

had my mk1 gs sport for just under two years now but am thinking of a change :question:

jay

DUNCAN 35,

Married to Julie for 5 years, had 2 daughters, Beth 11 and Laura10. Divorced, and now remarried to Nikki for 6 years(anniversary today actually). Have now got a daughter called Rachel 4, and a son Adam 3.

I live in Middlesbrough although my job takes me around the country. I work for Toad Innovations (formerly Sextons). They're the largest car audio and security company in the UK, of which I am a senior engineer. (18yrs).

I also run my own company in any spare time thats left.

I, like SteveAudioX, have had a hand in more than a few installs for Max Power etc....

I've had my IS200 for nearly a year now, and spent about £7000 on it.

Rajesh K

age 34 old !!

Live Potters Bar, Hertfordshire

Married - 2 kids - 10 year old boy 6 year old girl

work - ASG Computer Software Solutions as Computer File Administrator

Owned Lexus IS200 SE Auto for 15 months - she's a dream car

no extra mod's...

after reading a number of post - most of you all work with IT. can't be bad the car is owned by

proff people......its all good!

:zee:

adam (32)

live in enfield north london

married last year

no kids (yet)

work as a plumber and show crew for playstation

have 2001 plat ice IS 200 and love it

only mods are sports kit clear fog lights and road angel laser alert

and do'nt know much about computers :iraqi-info-minister:

Nick, young 52 (I hope), married still after zzzzz years. Run underwear design and import Co. I do all the Finance and IT. We are 3 who run with 50 staff, just coming good after 6 hard years.

Step son Michael 33 in IT with Invesco in London. I'm in tiny hamlet in West Yorkshire, been in Yorkshire 25 years. Worked in Bahamas, Manchester and Yorkshire, running hotels, rescuing trading businesses, Property etc. First Job was in IT, but in those daysd IT= engineering = no wonga so I did Chartered Accountancy, which means I get the cheque book - well sometimes!

Love cars, now on 3rd Lexus = Rx-300, previously 2 XJ Jags, then 4.0 Soarer, Mercedes, then very early LS-400. Thinking of buying another Lexus, perhaps Altezza.

Fair on IT, but not up to high levels of some of others here I think. Mad on Widescreen, DVD, Home cinema, picnics, co**** fishing (they ALL go back). Read alot, write a fair bit. Love big Projects and organising. Live in 16th Century hovel, now not too bad, but alot of work to do. Best Wonga creator was paying martgage early by being very skint for 10 years.

Biggest failings are I love helping people even when I don't have time, sucker for a sob story, very tight with money, always looking for a good deal. Find my wife - 8 years older than me - rather dull, she doesn't like cars or DVD's or home cinema. She likes Art (ugh!) and wine tasting. I prefer people to booze and paintings.

What have you started Steve??????

:geek:

• 2 months later...

Eamonn (37) live in Portlaoise in Rep.of Ireland.

Married to Frances (Paediatric Nurse) for 11 years,

Two kids, Darragh (8) & Aisling (4).

Work for the Govt.

Hobbies, rallying and motorsport in general.

Have owned an IS200 Sport for 12 months now, and Toyotas since I started to drive.

franmac

Rick (39) and live in Iver with my girlfriend. No kids that I'm aware of :whistling:

I've worked for IBM for nearly 20 years and am currently in a large customer support role.

Bought my first IS200 in April last year - couldn't justify the extra for the 300 :crybaby:

No major mods to speak of (think I'm getting old) :unsure:

RYX

hads ( real name haidar)

i'm not an IT person !!!!!!! B) B)

I am a eye surgeon working in London :ph34r::ph34r:

i cut and treat eyes for a living --GREAT FUN!!! :P :P :lol:

married (29 months)

with a little rascal among us(19months)

i have an IS 200 SE

no mods yet, i don't have time too busy with private practice !!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links