Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For the avoidance of doubt, and in case anyone thinks I've invented some of the points I've made, here is the auction I placed on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151231521174&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

And here is the same car, advertised by Lexuschap, also on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS400-LPG-Converted-MK-4-Bronze-Service-History-Tax-Mot-Nice-1650-/301077146257?nma=true&si=7x3X+IF1E6pjXgmB3F4Ql4EasAE=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I think most people will be able to judge, from the two descriptions offered, who was the most descriptive of the car's condition. I draw your attention to these points:

"Its covered over 200,000 miles but considering its age of 16 years, however it has been maintained to the highest of standards"

It had covered less than 200,000 miles, possibly Lexuschap has a standard script he copies and pastes to each auction. Yes it was maintained, but the servicing (oil etc) was done by me. Suspension components were replaced by a wholly capable back street mechanic. While this work was done competently and safely, I think most buyers would interpret "highest of standards" to equate to Lexus servicing.

"Cam belt kit replaced at 128k at the dealers."

I do not understand why Lexuschap wrote this, because I was unable to confirm the date on which the cambelt was last changed. For all I know, it might last have been done at 60,000 miles. The receipt I had was for parts only, from memory around £100 or so. Obviously that is not a receipt for work done, which would be at least three-four times more. And the receipt was not a Lexus dealer, it was a small A5 paper receipt from a motor factors or similar. And I could not find that receipt when I sold the car.

"There are lots of invoices for major parts that have been replaced, anything that needed changing has been done!"

Apart from the nearside front upper wishbone, which as a cheap interim replacement was beginning to squeak (offside was a new Lexus part).

No mention of the patches of bubbling rust on the top of the windscreen. No mention of the rusty rear sills. No mention of the steering play. No mention of the failed auto-dimming door mirrors. Also, "Alloys with decent tires" - while the fronts were very good, the rear tyres had only a few mm left, another point I made in my description.

I dont think anybody questioned your story certainly not me. The sooner this guy is dealt with by the authorities the better but just how many times do you have keep reporting crimes? Mike

what on earth are you talking about? Why would there be an invoice for a kit & not labour, of course it was both kit & replacement, secondly are you trying to say i found that particular invoice in front of your face, hid it & then demanded a reduction on the price? what planet are you on?

I think I remember this guy, I was speaking to my brother, and about 2 half years ago there was an ad on eBay for a Honda Accord for sale, at the time I had a Honda Prelude motega 4 wheel steer, in mint condition, so obviously this guy made out in the ad the Accord is mint etc etc, so we went down, before we went we spoke on the phone about a px with my prelude as I needed a 4 door car, parked up, this guy didn't come of his door step, he didn't even say hello, all he said was "your car is mint, I can't do a deal, look at the accord and look at your prelude" again he still standing on his door step, the Accord was nothing like he described on his ad, it had holes in the roof, body work was really tatty, no radio or CD player, and this was us looking around the car, as he was still standing on his door step, at which point me any brother got really angry, my brother was going to give him a good beating, the only thing that stopped my brother was, the guys kids were outside, I think one was a little baby then as I remember a baby seat with a little one in it, he was very lucky that day

Your memory does NOT serve you right, I have no idea about this story, i dont take in part exchanges (has anybody seen "part exhanges welcome" in my listings???) & i never would take a crappy prelude, this place should be for facts not fiction! Your name represents your memory very well-messi.

I can feel yet another Ebay user name coming on

No actually I am pretty much comfortable with my latest eBay username, before I was experimenting, in fact since I have changed it to lexuschap, business is thriving!

parrot of Doom stated that the invoice was only for a timing belt kit and NOT for the work done. And certainly not done by Lexus!!

You having trouble reading?

BY THE WAY AS ALL YOU GUYS ON HERE ARE PROB AWARE OF MY LISTINGS BUT IL MENTION IT ANYWAY, I HAVE 2 LS430'S AND A LS400 FOR SALE ON eBay! PLEASE TAKE A LOOK. I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM GETTING SALES FROM THIS SITE, WOW, I WISH I HAD JOINED IT WAY EARLIER, THANX MIKE (BLUESMAN) FOR LEADING ME TO THIS AWESOME SITE WHERE PEOPLE JUST SLANDER AWAY! ANYWAY ITS HELPING MY BUSINESS SO ITS ALL GOOD.

IF ANYBODY HAS A LEXUS FOR SALE (LESS THAN £2K), PLZ CONTACT ME ANYTIME!

haha oh dear lexuschap - so a profile pic of Walter, a character of the famous ventriloquist Jeff Dunham, depicts myself? Assumptions only - much like your eBay listings.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to find a link between people who have met you and your eBay listings....According to your logic one can only judge you when they have met you in person.

No matter if there is false/misleading info in the eBay listing.....

I agree to a point that one can not judge you as a person, but CAN judge you as an eBay seller.

And, to be honest, that part doesn't look good

Wow a Honda Prelude Motegi is crap? You clearly don't know anything about the Motegi then, and also guys have you noticed, he still hasn't answered the question about BIGLEX or the blue v reg ls400 he drove all the way to Bolton but for forgot to mention it needed wheel bearings.

Oh by the way lexuschap, there are couple of people I know selling ls430 and ls400 on eBay that you put in an offer for then they decline your offer, that's not only because your offer is rubbish, but because they know what type of person you are and wouldn't sell to you. Just thought I'd let you know

And about the ls430 your selling on eBay, you haven't mentioned the fact it had frontal damage. I know that car, I've seen that car in a compound afew days after it had the accident, but the owner got it back, it was very tatty, all you've mentioned is the mirror casing and dent in the wing, no mention at all about the frontal damage, so that's being honest is it?

what on earth are you talking about? Why would there be an invoice for a kit & not labour, of course it was both kit & replacement, secondly are you trying to say i found that particular invoice in front of your face, hid it & then demanded a reduction on the price? what planet are you on?

The invoice was for the timing belt kit only, and it was only for about £100 or so. If you know of a garage that will supply and fit a timing belt kit for £100 then I think most people in this country would be flocking to it. Presumably the person who paid the invoice bought the kit himself, and had the work done at a garage of his choice.

On the test drive, I told you that I had only the invoice and you said words to the effect of "Oh, I thought it was for the cambelt change", and began to sound worried (despite the wording in my eBay advert being quite clear). When we got back to my house, on discovering I could not find the invoice, you then gave me £700; £300 less than your offer made through eBay of £1,000. I'm sure that placing cash in the hand of a potential seller is a good sales tactic, but you will no doubt recall that I insisted you take the money back and offer me a more realistic sum. I said £800, and you then started complaining that you didn't have enough money for petrol.

Frankly, I let you have the car for £780 because I was, by that point, getting sick of arguing over a paltry few hundred quid, and with an impending trip abroad and the insurance about to expire, I just wanted to get rid of my old car. If circumstances had been different I could have gotten easily another £500 or so, from someone more honest and forthright than yourself.

You're clearly not to be trusted, as proven by the differences in the wordings of the two auctions for that car.

For the avoidance of doubt, and in case anyone thinks I've invented some of the points I've made, here is the auction I placed on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151231521174&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS400-LPG-Converted-MK-4-Bronze-Service-History-Tax-Mot-Nice-1650-/301077146257?nma=true&si=7x3X+IF1E6pjXgmB3F4Ql4EasAE=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I think most people will be able to judge, from the two descriptions offered, who was the most descriptive of the car's condition. I draw your attention to these points:

"Its covered over 200,000 miles but considering its age of 16 years, however it has been maintained to the highest of standards"

It had covered less than 200,000 miles, possibly Lexuschap has a standard script he copies and pastes to each auction. Yes it was maintained, but the servicing (oil etc) was done by me. Suspension components were replaced by a wholly capable back street mechanic. While this work was done competently and safely, I think most buyers would interpret "highest of standards" to equate to Lexus servicing.

I do not understand why Lexuschap wrote this, because I was unable to confirm the date on which the cambelt was last changed. For all I know, it might last have been done at 60,000 miles. The receipt I had was for parts only, from memory around £100 or so. Obviously that is not a receipt for work done, which would be at least three-four times more. And the receipt was not a Lexus dealer, it was a small A5 paper receipt from a motor factors or similar. And I could not find that receipt when I sold the car.

"There are lots of invoices for major parts that have been replaced, anything that needed changing has been done!"

Apart from the nearside front upper wishbone, which as a cheap interim replacement was beginning to squeak (offside was a new Lexus part).

No mention of the patches of bubbling rust on the top of the windscreen. No mention of the rusty rear sills. No mention of the steering play. No mention of the failed auto-dimming door mirrors. Also, "Alloys with decent tires" - while the fronts were very good, the rear tyres had only a few mm left, another point I made in my description.

I dont think anybody questioned your story certainly not me. The sooner this guy is dealt with by the authorities the better but just how many times do you have keep reporting crimes? Mike

Yep for the avoidance of any doubt what so ever please click on second link & just view the feedback comment from the buyer of this specific vehicle, this will explain what i am all about! I think that pretty much vindicates me! Please guys just chill out man & give me a break!

So have you only sold 2 cars this year, Your feedback position is meaningless for all we know you buy back in your own goods under another name and then make up your own feedback. Why do you trade as a private seller and not as a trader which you clearly are and have admitted as such in communications to me. Mike

Yep for the avoidance of any doubt what so ever please click on second link & just view the feedback comment from the buyer of this specific vehicle, this will explain what i am all about! I think that pretty much vindicates me! Please guys just chill out man & give me a break!

Perhaps you would be so kind as to email the person who bought my old car and offer him a link to this thread. I'm sure he'd be very interested to know of the faults it has/had, faults you were aware of but did not list in the auction.

Being a trade seller, I'm sure you'd put those faults right at your own expense, as dealers are generally obliged to do.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301130771919

Have you noticed also that by updating the car's details in that auction thereby avoiding two individual listings, he surreptitiously avoids paying Ebay fees?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301130771919

Have you noticed also that by updating the car's details in that auction thereby avoiding two individual listings, he surreptitiously avoids paying Ebay fees?

I reported this to eBay on many occasions but nothing ever happened. Mike

I remember one ad on eBay where a gentleman was recently selling an ls400, lexuschap won the auction and when spoke to the gentleman In person, lexuschap tried to knock off £200 because he didn't have petrol money, the gentleman had to re-advertise his car saying Due to timewasters Adamprogny who tried to knock off £200 from the bid he put in due to not having petrol money I've had to re-advertise. I'm glad he's not on the forum, we don't need people like that on our forum

• Like 1