Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I had the front lower arm bushes replaced along with the rear Pads about 4 weeks ago I've used a guy who has worked on my cars loads of times and is excellent but could something have happened when these parts where fitted , I have noticed that sometimes the ride becomes very firm and not very comfortable, this is more noticeable over speed humps sometimes it glides over and sometimes it's harsh crashes over, it's the same with pot holes feel everyone then other times is cushioned.

The car was raised with a ramp that fits under the bodywork and not the wheels.so the wheel where off the floor

I there anything we could check it feels like the Air ride system needs resetting or has something worked loose where he has been working, I don't want to go back to him with out any pointer.

the height high s/w works as the car rises i can hear it ans see it going up slowly,

There was a post about the Air computer module being reset by a dealer but before i go down that rout is there anything we can do.

Another post suggested pulling the fuse for the Air ride system anyone know where that is.

KR Mark.

Hi only just read this post but it cot be a problem with the hight sensors if car has been on a two post ramp and suspension has dropped to full extent.usually its the rears. If you can disconnect the rods and see if they are stiff. I've not heard of any air suspension ecu reset when I worked at main dealers hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Hi I have stripped and cleaned out rx hight sensors but usually the brass spring contacts corrode really badly and turn black so unfortunately its a new sensor or a known good one

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

I had the front lower arm bushes replaced along with the rear Pads about 4 weeks ago I've used a guy who has worked on my cars loads of times and is excellent but could something have happened when these parts where fitted , I have noticed that sometimes the ride becomes very firm and not very comfortable, this is more noticeable over speed humps sometimes it glides over and sometimes it's harsh crashes over, it's the same with pot holes feel everyone then other times is cushioned.

The car was raised with a ramp that fits under the bodywork and not the wheels.so the wheel where off the floor

I there anything we could check it feels like the Air ride system needs resetting or has something worked loose where he has been working, I don't want to go back to him with out any pointer.

the height high s/w works as the car rises i can hear it ans see it going up slowly,

There was a post about the Air computer module being reset by a dealer but before i go down that rout is there anything we can do.

Another post suggested pulling the fuse for the Air ride system anyone know where that is.

KR Mark.

I replaced the big rear bush on my lower front offside wishbone the other day, and I've had no problems.

The wishbone pivots on the front and rear rubber bushes, so in a way they act as rubber torsion springs.

Like your mechanic I jacked the car up with the wheel hanging down, but when I fitted the new bush I didn't tighten the nut on the wishbone that clamps the center of the bush. I then took the car off the jack and drove round the block with the suspension height set to normal, so that the suspension was at its' normal ride height before finally tightening the nut to clamp the bush to the wishbone.

If your new bushes have been fitted with the wheels hanging down, they will be acting as extra springs which will put a strain on the bushes and will upset the suspension settings.

John N

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links