Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Collection Pic's

Here we are..

16 weeks later and I'm pleased with the colour.

F Sport ride is indeed firmer and the interior I much prefer - especially the dash centre bezel. Glad to not have the flaming sat nav beeping at me and the rotary controller is also much better than the mouse thingy - rather than the hump for the mouse there's a perfect space for an Iphone 5 so a double benefit.

The tow bar is a really neat installation and looks very well made. The full tank of fuel on collection's a nice touch too.

Glad the wait's over and it needs a clean already..

Did I mention I'm pleased with the colour...

post-48748-0-64503900-1395777284_thumb.j

post-48748-0-56696300-1395777302_thumb.j

Hi there, congrats on the new car! I picked up my ultra blue f sport on 1st March and have now covered almost 3,000 miles. I have to say I'm very pleased with the car and I'm averaging around 47mpg on what is mainly motorway driving. The car itself looks particularly nice, especially in the sun - when it actually shines! However, it's not an easy colour to keep clean! Enjoy!

Hi David,

I average pretty much 1,000 miles per week. Mostly motorway, with some town driving at weekends. I've driven Audi's for the last 15 years. In that time I've had two A4's, an A6 estate, a TT and the last was an A5 sportback S line 2.0 Diesel. Before I chose the is300h I test drove a Volvo S60, a Jaguar XF and a Mercedes CLA. All good cars, but each flawed in some way. Some might say what about the BMW 320D, but I'm just not comfortable with the brand image. To be honest, I found the is300h was a breath of fresh air. In the world of very similar '2.0 diesels'. I love the look and design of the Lexus. With car design driven by drag coefficients in the wind tunnel, which pushes many manufacturers to have similar looking cars, the Lexus manages to achieve a unique look coupled with the lowest drag coefficient in its class I believe.

I also love the interior of the car, the supportive sports seats, the dash design, the way it envelops the driver, the little touches like the cushioned pad on the centre console for your knee and of course the central dial! I admit the cup holder position could be better and some of the plastics may not be Audi quality, but the cabin is a lovely place to spend my 1,000 miles per week. I think the Mercedes style foot operated parking brake is a bit archaic in such a modern car, but I hardly use it anyway.

As far as the drive is concerned, I have no issue with the CVT gearbox. Once you adjust to the hybrid driving style then you realise it's the correct drivetrain for this type of vehicle. Yes, it might not have the mid range 'punch' of a 2.0 diesel, but put it in sport mode and push it and it's certainly no slouch! I find the overall handling and ride much better than the A5. The audi ride was hard and unforgiving - particularly the S line suspension, and the handling had no real 'feel'. I find the Lexus to be much more supple in its ride and the steering is more responsive and gives more feedback to the driver.

As far as fuel consumption is concerned, I'm currently averaging around 47mpg. My best is 51.2mpg. In the Audi I was achieving similar figures but obviously the diesel was more expensive than the petrol I'm using now.

Now to equipment levels. This is where the Lexus really scores compared to Audi. The F sport has an extensive list of standard features which would add thousands of pounds to the price of an Audi. These standard features such as DAB radio, heated seats, auto lights and wipers, auto box etc. all add to the overall appeal of the car.

When I moved away from Audi, after fifteen years of driving nothing else, I must admit I was a little concerned that I might regret that decision. However, after 3 weeks and 3,000 miles, I have nothing but admiration for the Lexus and I am totally happy with my decision.

Thanks for that Simon, a very interesting read. I think you are one of the first of many converts we will see over the coming months.

Simon is the fuel consumption figures you've quoted, tank to tank calc figures, or trip computer reported? How accurate is the trip comp? To get those figures have you changed your driving style any compared to your previous Audi? Just curious. Thanks

Hi David, Steve,

Yes I'm sure that there will be more converts to the is300h. It is an excellent car and as a company vehicle has good tax advantages. Will be interesting to see how the market share of Lexus develops.

Regarding the fuel consumption, I've just quoted figures from the trip computer. I will make a tank to tank calculation and post my findings.

As far as my driving style goes, I would say that I'm trying to follow the tips on hybrid driving that are available on the Lexus website. I'm also using the cruise control quite a lot which I didn't have on my Audi. To be honest, I would say the car 'promotes' a more relaxed driving style which translates into improved economy.

Hi Mark and thanks for posting the pictures - she's a real stunner and I'm sure will give you as much pleasure as the rest of us are getting from our IS's.

Enjoy! :D

One Week in, One Thousand Miles on the clock, One great big chip on the bonnet and One car that needs a wash but is going to Scotland tomorrow so won't get it..

Well I prefer this to the loan Luxury apart from the fuel consumption which I figure is down to the newness of everything and maybe the tyres - time will tell as I put 7k on a 6k car so it was well bedded in. Overall the ride is as you'd expect slightly firmer but the Luxury wasn't that far off and was certainly stiffer than my A4 Avant SE previously.

The dash is for sure cool and the trim/seats are comfortable over longer drives. Whilst towing my motorbike the Lexus felt smoother with a trailer than the Audi - quite nice for me as I tow a fair bit.

So far the in car electronics and screen and certainly less than the Luxury with Nav, but I'm just glad the nav's gone. The graphics and functions are much less so you can't change various settings but at least the dash looks groovy. So far the blue tooth connection seems better - fingers crossed.

I'm in for around 1400 miles this week, so the newness will be a thing of the past and it wont be a new car anymore,

Nice review, Marcus. Frustrating re the bonnet chip. I know how you'll feel about that. :(. Time to order some paint, methinks as I've got 2 on the front bumper.

Hi Marcus, I'm 4 weeks in and have now covered 4,500 in my ultra blue F sport! Newness definitely a thing of the past! I too am impressed with the comfort over long distance. In my view it's not only the supportive seats that contribute to the comfort, but also the quietness of the cabin. It seems a much more 'hushed' environment than my Audi A5 diesel. According to the trip computer I'm still averaging around 47mpg for most of my motorway miles.

I've had no issues with the infotainment system. My iPod nano, connected via USB works fine, although it's a little slow when skipping from track to track. I have a Samsung galaxy S3 phone and that connects fine via Bluetooth and I've experienced none of the 'drop outs' that others seem to have encountered. I personally have no issues with the mouse style controller and operate it when mobile with no problems.

Unfortunately my car too has been 'scarred!' I have a nice chip low down on the N/S/R door which is through the paint and exposed the primer. Not sure if it's possible to get 'touch up' - does anyone know?

Still love the car and look forward every day to driving it!