Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone I gave up today Audi A8 w12 which was just terriblly unreliable and picked up 2007 LS460 from Lexus approved car scheme. I hope to have better luck with this car.

Car came with lexus ipod kit, but this does not offer full ipod integration, only track skipping ( what nonsense!)

I looked through forums and there are few solutions I was hoping to get advice which is best:

I would like to retain use of DVD changer and song / playlists etc need to be acessible via screen

Many thanks in advance

Dan

On a separate note can anyone tell me if it is normal to get "lumpy kick back thud" through gearbox when searching down the gears from motorway cruising speed with harder press of the throtle?

Thanks al lot

Hi Dan,

I've got a lexus ipod kit on mine. It integrates with the in-car stuff, showing what's playing, and allows you to cycle through your playlists. It does mean that anything you want to listen to must be in a playlist, but you can make a playlist the entire contents of a CD, or even a particular artist or group. There are other ipod kits around, some do more than the lexus one, and maybe some do less. Maybe you should ask your dealership?

The gearbox thing - it does have eight gears, and with the ect in 'normal' the car does leave it too late to deal smoothly with gearchanges. I suspect that the 'normal' position is there to maximize the car's apparent economy for it's carbon dioxide figure, but it isn't very pleasant to use. My advice is to keep the switch at the sports setting. The gear changes are then always spot on. Some people with LS430s have said that they get better economy with the sport setting, but I've not tried measuring this. Certainly with this setting the car cruises in as high a gear as possible - giving suprisingly low rpm at motorway speeds - but quickly drops down when you need a bit of extra power.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the car. I suspect that, in time, you'll look back on it and remember it as the last great car you ever had!

: o )

I too have the Lexus iPod integration kit. As sythe says playlists are how you use it. Playlist 1 is the full content of the iPod and is always the first button on screen 1. There is no limit to the number playlists, I have 30. Navigation of lists is not easy. All that shows on screen are 6 buttons labeled 1 to 6 with no description of what they contain. So if you want list 2 of screen 3 you have to tab all the way over to it.

I have a sheet of paper in the car with a descripion of the contents of each list. (I would say what my playlists are but you would laugh at them.)

I have replaced the iPod with an Iphone 4 that was playing up with a faulty start button. Its locked away in the glove box and it works fine as an mp3 player or Bluetooth car phone.

• Like 1

Hi,

You can not get a better iPod integration system than this:

For iPod:

http://www.vaistech.com/site/iVIC-i.php

For Android :

http://www.vaistech.com/site/iVIC-droid.php

Youtube video in a LS600hL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTOcQ9pu7dc

Compatible Android phones:
Motorola:
  • Droid Razr
  • Droid Razr Maxx
  • Droid Bionic
  • Droid x2
  • Droid 4
  • Droid Razr Maxx HD
Samsung:
  • Galaxy Note
  • Galaxy Note II (Samsung EPL-3FHUBE MHL adapter recommended)
  • Galaxy Note III (Samsung ET-H10FAUWESTA MHL adapter recommended)
  • Galaxy S3 (Samsung ET-H10FAUWESTA MHL adapter recommended)
  • Galaxy S4 (Samsung ET-H10FAUWESTA MHL adapter recommended)
  • Epic 4G Touch
Nexus:
  • Galaxy Nexus
  • Nexus 5 (Required SlimPort adapter. Choose touch resolution 1920x1080)

HTC:

EVO 4G LTE

+

COMPATIBLE iOS DEVICES:

Iphone 4S (* - some limitations will apply)
Iphone 5, Iphone 5S, Iphone 5C
iPod touch 5Gen

The iVIC is compatibel with the following Lexus/Toyota models on the US marked..but do check with Vaistech that Your European model car is also compatible BEFORE buying.....):

2006-2009 IS 250/350/F
2007-2009 ES 350
2007-2009 GS 350/430/460/450h
2007-2009 GX 470
2008-2009 RX 350
2007-2009 RX 400h
2006-2009 Prius with extern Amplifier (outside of the radios)
2007-2009 LX 570
2007-2009 LS 460/600h L with Parkassistent
2010-2012 CT 200h*
2010-2012 RX 350/450h*
2010-2012 GX 460
2010-2012 HS*
2010-2012 LS 460/600h*
2010-2012 IS 250/350/F
2010-2012 GS 350/460/450h
2010-2012 ES 350
2010-2012 RX 350/450h (with camera in the mirrors)

* Models without Parkassistent, only with Front- or Sidecameras

Regards

Arvid

• Like 1