Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post Here Any Issues You Have Had With Your Isf.

Be goot to keep a track of all the issues people have had with thier ISF's, mechanical, electrical, minor or major!

For m, i am anal though!

1. Had to have steering alligned two times but this is due to pot holes so not really one for this list.

2. Headlights get moisture in them - Replaced under lexus extended warranty

3. Calliper laquer was peeling. Not mechanical and i guess to be expected over time.

4. Wheels were bubbling around the centre cap. VERY slight but noticable. Again not mechanical.

5. Driver side seat has play in it. Got it looked at and was told it is safe so no warrantly claim possible and also no way to tighten it i.e. no lose bolts etc

6. Very slight rattle from panel covering instrument cluster from time to time, mainly over rough roads. Not an issue and again not mechanical.

7. Slight leak from transmission oil pipe - repaired under lexus extended warranty.

Compared to other cars I have owned this car is epic! Very quiet, very well built, no rattles inside other than the 1 mentioned, no mechanical faults other than the one mentioned. I have been through a service and MOT.

None at all and I think this will be a sparse thread having scoured the US forums and noted that these cars seem to be as reliable as anything out there, performance car or otherwise!

Agreed, but it is a standard question people ask when looking for the car so an empty thread may answer their question!

You're absolutely right mate and it's definitely worth having a thread for potential buyers. It may also help to keep residuals high when more and more people start to understand why the IS-F is so good.

The only issue I have with mine is that the paintwork does seem to be prone to getting stone chipped more easily than the last few cars I've had. Which seems weird as I'd have assumed that the resistance of the paint to chipping would be pretty universal. I assume that all the manufacturers apply similar lacquer coats etc.

- Broken DVD Changer. Covered under 3rd party warranty (£1600)

- Rattling driver air vent (problem with all IS models)

- Bubbling on wheels

- Slight squeaking noise from driver's seat (doesn't bother me too much)

Apart from that perfect!

Rattling door (after 60k miles) and....needed a replacement steering rack at 64k miles along with water pump and oil pump !!!!... a snip at £3k from Lexus Birmingham

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely no issues from April '08 to date with nothing replaced except tyres.

A pleasant surprise has been how economical it is for the engine size - and realistically, the auto gearbox is so good that the manual mode seems fairly pointless although good fun proving to yourself that the auto actually does a better job in virtually every situation.

My only mild gripe is that having gently scraped my nearside rear rim-edge a couple of times parking in tight spaces with obtrusive kerbs, revealing bare metal that really sticks out like a sore thumb against the blackish coating, am disappointed that Lexus have no touch-up paint for these wheels, even in the US - nor amazingly do the wheel manufacturers. On the other hand, small rim-scrapes are just about adequately hidden with ordinary black touch-up paint.

Absolutely no issues from April '08 to date with nothing replaced except tyres.

A pleasant surprise has been how economical it is for the engine size - and realistically, the auto gearbox is so good that the manual mode seems fairly pointless although good fun proving to yourself that the auto actually does a better job in virtually every situation.

My only mild gripe is that having gently scraped my nearside rear rim-edge a couple of times parking in tight spaces with obtrusive kerbs, revealing bare metal that really sticks out like a sore thumb against the blackish coating, am disappointed that Lexus have no touch-up paint for these wheels, even in the US - nor amazingly do the wheel manufacturers. On the other hand, small rim-scrapes are just about adequately hidden with ordinary black touch-up paint.

Yeh the wheels are huge mate got to be careful .

I've got an issue now though . A rattle underneath , well it's been there since I bought it to be honest and thought it had been sorted but it's back bloody thing .

Not a problem as such as it cleared, but after I changed the front pads under ahem, more vigourous use of the throttle (second phase air intake) i got a lot of white smoke out of the exhaust. Nothing had changed but the pads which weren'd directly the cause of the issue. This went on for 100 or so miles until it cleared (this was 10k ago and no re-occurance). The only thing i can think of is that somehow the dispersed brake fluid (from pushing the pistons back) got into the intake system. The top was off the master cylnder but oddly no level change in the cylinder, hence i came to the above conclusion. Any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Not a problem per se more a problem of me being tall. I keep on knocking the volume button with my knee when I get into the car. I did the same with my IS250 and a 'friend' decided to try and pull out the volume button with a pair of pliers. It scratched the button pretty badly and I even sourced a new button of eBay but it's a pig to just change the one button apparently.

Now he is not let near my dash and if the button does recess a bit I use a plastic tool to gently pop it out. It's only going in by about a centimetre but it really annoys me. Am I the only one this happens to?

Not a problem per se more a problem of me being tall. I keep on knocking the volume button with my knee when I get into the car. I did the same with my IS250 and a 'friend' decided to try and pull out the volume button with a pair of pliers. It scratched the button pretty badly and I even sourced a new button of ebay but it's a pig to just change the one button apparently.

Now he is not let near my dash and if the button does recess a bit I use a plastic tool to gently pop it out. It's only going in by about a centimetre but it really annoys me. Am I the only one this happens to?

Lol...probably! how does your knee gete there? The centre conoledivider between seats stops my knee getting there.

Not a problem per se more a problem of me being tall. I keep on knocking the volume button with my knee when I get into the car. I did the same with my IS250 and a 'friend' decided to try and pull out the volume button with a pair of pliers. It scratched the button pretty badly and I even sourced a new button of ebay but it's a pig to just change the one button apparently.

Lol...probably! how does your knee gete there? The centre conoledivider between seats stops my knee getting there.

I'm 6ft 4 and like quite a close to the steering wheel position so when I clamber in it seems to always hit it. Graceful I am not.

I'm 6ft 4 and like quite a close to the steering wheel position so when I clamber in it seems to always hit it. Graceful I am not.
do they not have electric memory steering wheel allowing you to get in first then when pushing start button wheel comes out ? That's how my gs450 works anyway and defo helps getting in and out cos I also like steering wheel close.

do they not have electric memory steering wheel allowing you to get in first then when pushing start button wheel comes out ? That's how my gs450 works anyway and defo helps getting in and out cos I also like steering wheel close.

They do but I still manage to knock it when getting in. I think it's a combination of clumsiness and having a bad back which doesn't make me as supple as I used to be. I have to remember to keep my knees away from the centre every time I get in but it's those times that I don't remember that cause me the problem.

Maybe it's something obvious I am doing and when I meet some other ISF drivers in June I can check.

• 2 months later...

Maybe someone can help here....I bent down today to pick something up behind my car and noticed that there seems to be an issue with the fake tip on the passenger side.

Hopefully you can make it out from this shot but the mesh seems to have come away from around the chrome. The right side is flush and perfect and now I'm worried.

BsmUskPIcAAo1YD.jpg

It seems pretty secure and not likely to fall off but is this normal? I removed quite a few stones from behind the mesh and maybe this had something to do with it. It's still under warranty but I'm guessing that Hedge End will say it's just wear and tear. I know a replacement is expensive if I get an official one but noticed a US seller on eBay selling copies. Are they worth it or should I just replace my exhaust system and have done with the fakes.

No real problems to date, just a new set of rubber on each corner however I did have to buy a new cover for the towing hook as it mysteriously disappeared one day. Plastic part was cheap but cost nearly £50 to paint.

Does anyone smack their head on the grab handle when negotiating tight left hand bends ? Seat's as low as I can get it but I still manage to smack it.

Maybe someone can help here....I bent down today to pick something up behind my car and noticed that there seems to be an issue with the fake tip on the passenger side.

Hopefully you can make it out from this shot but the mesh seems to have come away from around the chrome. The right side is flush and perfect and now I'm worried.

BsmUskPIcAAo1YD.jpg

It seems pretty secure and not likely to fall off but is this normal? I removed quite a few stones from behind the mesh and maybe this had something to do with it. It's still under warranty but I'm guessing that Hedge End will say it's just wear and tear. I know a replacement is expensive if I get an official one but noticed a US seller on ebay selling copies. Are they worth it or should I just replace my exhaust system and have done with the fakes.

I have two spares you can have for little money mate (one each side). Roheel was going to have the but not heard from him for a bit. Will see if he is still keen.

Looks ok to me though. Maybe just put some wire through the holes and try to pull the mesh out?

BsmUskPIcAAo1YD.jpg

It seems pretty secure and not likely to fall off but is this normal? I removed quite a few stones from behind the mesh and maybe this had something to do with it. It's still under warranty but I'm guessing that Hedge End will say it's just wear and tear. I know a replacement is expensive if I get an official one but noticed a US seller on ebay selling copies. Are they worth it or should I just replace my exhaust system and have done with the fakes.

I have two spares you can have for little money mate (one each side). Roheel was going to have the but not heard from him for a bit. Will see if he is still keen.

Looks ok to me though. Maybe just put some wire through the holes and try to pull the mesh out?

Thanks for the offer Stuart....I will take them if Roheel doesnt want them. Much appreciated. Looking at the back of the car the left one had definitely dropped down so it looks as if something has given way. Will try the wire trick tomorrow and see how it goes.

BsmUskPIcAAo1YD.jpg

Thanks for the offer Stuart....I will take them if Roheel doesnt want them. Much appreciated. Looking at the back of the car the left one had definitely dropped down so it looks as if something has given way. Will try the wire trick tomorrow and see how it goes.

Ok chap ill let you know. just left/right side or both?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links