Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shockingly Bad Car Dealer Attitude. I Mean Really Bad.

Chris CPT

CAB will probably advise you to take action via small claims court. Very worthwhile to do this but the only issue is that you appear not to have written to the dealer giving him x number of days to rectify the problems or take the car back as "not fit for purpose" or not of merchantable quality.. You may have shot yourself in the foot by initiating your own repairs but still worth a punt.

Nothing to lose by seeing what CAB say or indeed by sending a letter by recorded delivery. I hope that whatever you decide on goes well.

Yes, I did that already but he ignored it.

Which means that if you did start proceedings then you have the proof that you gave him the opportunity to rectify things or take the car back.......assuming it was sent recorded or registered post not just by email (which gives no proof he got it himself).

• 1 year later...

I finished up with a good car but only because I could fix it myself.

I replaced the disc, pads and calipers. It's been service by Lexus a couple of times and received a clean bill of health. I also had a fresh set of wheels and tyres, so all in it cost about £1500 to put it right and now I'm very pleased with it.

28767073142_d329086a72_k.jpgIMG_2010 by John Pate, on Flickr

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing your story John. 

The GS 450h now looks a real treat and we now know which Trader to avoid in future.

I hope that all goes well for you and that you have many happy hours enjoying your Rocket Ship.

A LEXUS Warranty might be a sound investment ?

Regards

John

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 6/29/2015 at 10:37 AM, AmbroseJohn said:

Got an answer to my email this morning.

Hi John

I just read your email regarding the Lexus YX08 ***.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

I would just like to clear up a couple of points that you have made.

If an MOT has any advisory notices, then that is exactly what they are and they DO NOT need to be replaced at that moment in time and You were fully aware of these when you bought the vehicle.

If the brake calipers were seized on at the point of sale, then this would have been picked up before hand and put right before the car was sold.

Brake calipers can seize at anytime. They are consumable items, which are not covered.

Lastly if you would like me to provide you with a copy of the mechanical report (which was carried out by an independent party) then I am more than happy to do so.

Regards

Neil
Watts

Select Motor Trading Ltd

Tel : 07882 003 837

Email: selectmotortrading@yahoo.com

Would a reputable dealer not fix the advisories before sale? I'm sure he said they'd been sorted but I have no proof.

If they MOTD it I might be tempted to contact VOSA lots of dealers have very lenient friends in the MOT trade so sticking callipers etc can be missed. I do know the dealer you are talking about as my mum lives near by. My opinion was when we looked there that I didn’t think the cars were well prepared but only my opinion.

Did u get any money back from the trader apart from the £295 for the service? 

I would of took the trader to the small claims court + compensation for wasting my valuable time. 

On 7/2/2015 at 5:53 PM, dave1 said:

Which means that if you did start proceedings then you have the proof that you gave him the opportunity to rectify things or take the car back.......assuming it was sent recorded or registered post not just by email (which gives no proof he got it himself).

You have the right to get a car repaired by a different garage and then claim back via the small claim court for any defects at point of sale or within a reasonable period