Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebay Parts..... Worthwhile?

Hi guys, anybody bought and used any of the cheap Lex parts from eBay?

Just noticed while fiddling with shocks I could do with replacing front upper wishbones and for the price silly not to while I got it all apart?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331159305816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Russ.

He does have 100% feedback which is brilliant considering the amount of trading he does. I know there are some natural and 1 neg in the past but these seem to be for delivery probs and nothing to do with quality. Got to be trying. Mike

Be very wary of buying second-hand parts unless you actually see them first. This includes from Club "approved" or "recommended" suppliers.

Been caught too many times like this, where what turns up is actually in a worse state than what you wish to replace.

Trouble with eBay now is their feedback system is suspect as they remove some of the negative feedback at the sellers request which doesn't always give a true indication of the person your buying from.

I recently had a complete nightmare with a buyer and whilst eBay found in my favor, they said I was not allowed to leave negative feedback and if I did they would remove it. All of which hides the fact that one eBay seller had a problem with this person, in fairness it might have been a one off incident..... but then again it might not.

Thanks for the input and replies guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had actually purchased the item or one like it from the link I posted to find out if the quality was any good.

I try not to buy to much second hand, as stuff is only a little cheaper and you end up having to replace it sooner anyways!!

They come with a 12 month warranty anyway, so if I get a years knock free driving out of it for the price...can't be bad and if it does give out within the time I'll get it replaced.

He's got quite a few parts, for a few hundred quid i could prob renew the whole steering and sussy components.

Russ.

I bought those arms for my LS. Don't bother, they're *****. Go to your nearest dealer and buy from there (as I later did). Expensive, but they won't start knocking and squeakng in a year's time. You'll be lucky to pass an MOT with the eBay parts, once the rubber fails (give it a few weeks).

It seems you only get what you pay for. These cheap eBay ones are definitely NOT oem standard howevermuch the seller states they're not cheap Chinese fakes. I'm only guessing, but they could be Arnot wishbones which were being touted as replacements a few years ago on the Lexus forums. The taper on the threaded end is a very poor fit and the rubber bushes don't last. If you need replacements it looks like we have to pay the stealership prices, or, on the other hand, there are some good genuine oem replacement parts from American suppliers which are a lot cheaper than stealerships even when taking the postage into consideration. In the past I've bought parts from Rockauto and saved a bundle. They have a huge choice too and their parts are good quality.