Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service,cambelt Etc Done Yesterday

Well I went to my mates place yesterday to get the brakes,cambelt kit and service done.

1.Changed engine oil.oil foltet and sump washer.

2.Changed diff oil and replaced the two collapsable filler and drain washers.

3.Changed the gearbox oil and replaced the two filler and drain plug washers.

3.Changed the front dics and pads with Brembos and a new drivers side caliper as it was seized,painted it up to.

Replace the caliper sliders and rubber dust covers to.Replaced the brake fluid and bled the brakes with Dot 5.1 brake fluid.

4.Changed the cambelt kit,belt looked pretty good really.Replaced with Gaites cambelt,tensioner and idler.

5.Replaced the three auxillary belts with new Gaites belts.

6.Changed coolant,used the red stuff.

7.Changed pollen filter.

8.Changed the front wiper blades with a nice set of Bosch super plus.

OilsLexus29314_zps36c551cd.jpg

CambeltkitLexus29314_zpsf088043f.jpg

coolantampbrakefluidLexus29314_zpsc31072

Leespics734_zpsc4859bcd.jpg

More pics to follow.

• Like 2

Great job ,nice to see owners getting involved in the mechanics of the car .You will benifit from all this effort and the car should run well for a few more years .I did mine a couple of years ago and really noticed a big difference to the running plus you have peace of mind on reliability ,they are great cars but still need regular maintenance .I took a lot longer as I really struggled to remove the crankshaft bolt

Top marks Dave

pretty much did all this on mine last year in one go, except for discs. but i did my water pump too. 2 questions

do you have a auto or manual?

and is it necessary to change the pollen filter? as mine looked pretty good when i pulled it out....

pretty much did all this on mine last year in one go, except for discs. but i did my water pump too. 2 questions

do you have a auto or manual?

and is it necessary to change the pollen filter? as mine looked pretty good when i pulled it out....

Manual transmission.I replaced my pollen filter,good job I did as the one in the car hasn't been changed for quite some time by the looks of it.

Totally up to you reguarding your pollen filter,if it looks ok just give it a gentle tap and use a small paint brush to gently remove the dust/ dirt between the pleats and re fit if it looks pretty good.

Thanks.Lee.

Got the passenger side front caliper and painted up ready to fit.

Bought some new silicone boost hoses and some new stainless jubillee clips.

hosesampcaliper5414_zps0482512f.jpg

New caliper with one dirty wheel after driving 20 miles in the rain this morning.

caliperpside5414_zpsb2d25b9c.jpg

Lower side hose and clips

lowerboosthose5414_zpsdff11008.jpg

Throttle side hose and clips.

tbhose5414_zpsfac19808.jpg

Turbo to Air filter hoses and clips.

uperbhoses5414_zpsc75bf4de.jpg

Gonna do the 2 bottom hoses that fit direct to the intercooler next weekend as the cooler is coming off to be painted black and the bumpers are having a freshen up to along with the mesh grills being painted black.

Thanks.Lee.

• Like 1

Your certainly doing a lot of work there mate , was it in poor condition when you got the car . It's good to do a car up and make it mint again .stu and peter are refurbing there isfs , looking good .get some pics up when it's fin mate , good to see progress pics well done mate love the brembos .

Your certainly doing a lot of work there mate , was it in poor condition when you got the car . It's good to do a car up and make it mint again .stu and peter are refurbing there isfs , looking good .get some pics up when it's fin mate , good to see progress pics well done mate love the brembos .

No the car is in really good shape,the hoses looked a bit tired and passed their best so i thought a nice freshen up will make all the difference.Will be changing a few other hoses and clips aswell soon.I am just very very fussy with my cars,got OCD I think,I'm used to all this with my cossie.

Thanks.Lee.

Took the car for the geometery set up today,I had Tony from Wheels in Motion to have a chat to my guy to get the right set up.

Many thanks to Tony if your reading this.

Adjusted the rebound settings up a bit on the fronts on my HKS coilovers to as it was a bit to soft,much better now,not to harsh at all, still a nice comfortable ride but feels tighter now.

Leespics732_zps5285a1b1.jpg

Leespics733_zps74ba6cf6.jpg

Thanks.Lee.

All great,then on the way home,things went downhill rapidly,car started to misfire then cut dead.My immediate thought was the coils.

Got the breakdown company to recover the car, got it to my mates place and yes 3 of the coils are not firing at all.

He advised me to fit all 6 coils and new plugs,then it gets worse....the price .... £580.Not good at all.

Anyone had any decent prices for the coilsticks and if so where from please?

Leespics735_zps7bca85ca.jpg

Thanks.Lee.

Took delivery yesterday of my sports pedals and replacement bronze tinted rear light,got them from a Lexus breaker.

sportpedals10414_zps06178084.jpg

light10414_zps85c26d5f.jpg

Had my new oil breather hoses delivered today along with various stainless jubilee clips for the engine bay.

oilbreatherhosesampclips10414_zpsde5cd2d

Thanks.Lee.

The car is all back up and running now. Replaced 3 coils and a new set of standard plugs (NGK IFR6T11 IrIdiums) for now as I still can't decide what plugs are going in it but will sort it when it goes for mapping soon.

Thanks.Lee.

Bumpers removed ready for prep and paint.Getting a few other bits painted to.

Intercooler, wiper arms and front bumper stainless grills are going satin black and replacing my d/side rear light which is cracked.

bumperremoved12414_zpsccd5e32e.jpg

rbumperremoved12414_zps724d6eb9.jpg

rbumperoff12414_zpse53492e6.jpg

fbumperoff12414_zpse511d908.jpg

Thanks.Lee.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links