Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300H Se After 5,000 Miles

Hi,

After getting a lot of use from the forum in choosing the car and getting the best out of it, thought I would put my own review on.

Had the car since just before Christmas and it has just under 5k miles on the clock.

I have an SE in satin silver with parking sensors (didn't go sat nav option), happy with my choice, although the wheels are little small, ride seems fine so I suppose that's the compromise, and my company lease allowance couldn't stretch to anything more than an SE.

There have been a few queries re mpg etc. on other posts so this is my main reason of posting as I track mine with an app on my phone which some might find useful.

I always brim the fuel tank on fill up so can work out mpg, first few fill ups I was getting between 46-48 mpg. I'm now running at around 52mpg, the car says about 3 mpg more than at fill up, this seems pretty consistent. So have had 50.6 on car and 47.4 at fill up for example.

At last fill up I put in just under 55 litres after 624 miles as an example of range. (still 10 litres in tank)

I drive a mixture of between single carriageway A roads and short B road trips, mostly cruse around in eco and flick it in sport for overtakes/junctions/roundabouts etc. must admit I do have the engine sound turned up at the moment!

Loving the car.

Thanks Peter, always good to read real world reviews. I must admit I'm not getting anywhere near your mpg figures, although the bulk of my driving is urban. I'm nearer 40 mpg according to computer. I drive pretty much permanently in Normal, maybe I sound try Eco and see if it improves. Maybe the F Sport tyres drag the mpg down a bit too.

Having said all that, I've still virtually halved my petrol expenditure and as it's my car that I charge my company 45p a mile when on business (90% of my driving), I'm not complaining!

I also must confess to having the sound up! It's a bit of fun I can't resist on the odd occasion I use Sport.

Thanks Peter, always good to read real world reviews. I must admit I'm not getting anywhere near your mpg figures, although the bulk of my driving is urban. I'm nearer 40 mpg according to computer. I drive pretty much permanently in Normal, maybe I sound try Eco and see if it improves. Maybe the F Sport tyres drag the mpg down a bit too.

Having said all that, I've still virtually halved my petrol expenditure and as it's my car that I charge my company 45p a mile when on business (90% of my driving), I'm not complaining!

I also must confess to having the sound up! It's a bit of fun I can't resist on the odd occasion I use Sport.

Must be the tyres DJP! Theyre rated really badly for fuel economy. E i think :/

Thanks for that Rayaan, I'm sure you are right. My driving is pretty sedate (apart from a white van incident very early this morning which required a quick dose of Sport to show him who was boss. Not childish at all lol) and I've become used to the hybrid style. As I posted above my mpg is superb in comparison to my old IS250 so I'm going to stop worrying about it - I never used to but have become a tad obsessed with the computer read out!

• 2 weeks later...

So far I'm getting around 40mpg in the f sport too only on my 2nd tank though

My driving style is mostly rush hour urban.

And my previous car CT se-l got me roughly 45 mpg on average.

So overall very impressed with the 300h I'm sure it will only get better as the engine runs in.

I understand the fuel economy worsens during the winter months, so hopefully the onset of warmer weather will take me north of 40 mpg.