Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Port And Polishing Cylinder Head

Zebber

Hi guys/gals I've been reading up on ways to improve the performance of my IS200 but seem to keep finding same answers lol either supercharger or turbo which I can't really justify so just wondering if anyone's had their engine port & polished to enhance the gas flow in and out of the engine and if that's a cost effective mod ???

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I don't think anyone buys a 200 as a performance car or one that can be made into one cheaply. For me it was about somethnig different (I still love the look of the mk 1 IS), reliable and comfortable.

You can make a few small upgrades. I have Eibach springs, roll bars and spacers with standard shocks, which does improve the handling no end without affecting the ride and changing the entire exhaust will probably give 10 - 12 BHP and be a little more responsive (which I am considering as I intend to keep my car for another 5 years), but to keep up with even the hotter hatches you would need to spend some serious money on forced induction, suspension and and lsd.

But I wouldn't change mine for a BM, Audi or Merc equivalent.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your advise guys I understand it would not be huge gains but I don't expect much as we all know lexus is200,s were not built for speed lol I just want it to respond a little better under acceleration nuffin huge I'm currently bidding on a decat manifold to free up a little power and found better lol but ty to all for your advise I just love my is200 too much to part with it

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• 1 month later...

hi

didnt someone on here port a head a few years ago and said it was possible to get aabout 5/8 bhp i wa going to do mine at some stage.i used to port A+ enginesand ford kent pinto engines back in the day with decent returns.

simon