Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 White Spot Marks Around The Engine?

hello everyone

I NEED HELP HELP HELP

i have white dots spitting around the engine and it looks like its coming from the water pump and its all around the belt around the water pump?

i had the water pump and timing belt change since around 3000 miles and only just realizing the white dots

but the white dots i see now is all dried up , so it looks like it happen at sometimes

here is some pictures .

can please anyone help me??

thank you everyone

post-46628-0-91734100-1396519292_thumb.j

post-46628-0-91127300-1396519298_thumb.j

post-46628-0-35970800-1396519303_thumb.j

hi clifton

thanks for your response

the water pump is an after market pump which the brand is . blue print or blu print ??

i heard they were the closest to O.E

im just scared because im starting my new job next week as an estate agent and i dont want the car fallowing apart when i have clients riding with me

im just worried because i have been reading about the white dots and some people say the head gasket is gone and the engine will blow up??

the white stains at the moment are dried there not wet at all .so it looks like to me it happen sometime ago

??

many thanks

hi chris

thank you so much for the response . I will clean all the white dots off tonight and check it again in a weeks time

if there is no more white dots spraying out , I should be fine then right?

thank you so much chris

im just soo worried

chris

how do I check the coolent level?

I have found the ' engine coolent ' cap which I have taken off,

all I can see is pink/redish fluid inside ?

but im not sure how you check the level?

thank you for helping me out

If you've found the plastic cap marked coolant then you've found the expansion tank. Look behind it (as in the back if the rad facing the engine) and there is a clear plastic level marked min and max. Your coolant should be at about half way to 3/4 when cold and near max when hot. But do not overfill, do not top up to max when cold. This will just result in you overfilling the system and it'll spew out once hot. It's also good that you have pink coolant (extra long life)

If you need more coolant you must use an ethylene glycol mix which is pink. This is either from Toyota/Lexus or I use Halfords pink long life and yes I've mixed this with Toyota pink with no problems. Others may say that wrong but I did it on my 200 and it was fine over 25,000 miles and I've done it in my 300 also fine for the last 6000 miles. Must be ethynol/glycol tho, mix it with another type of coolant (green for example) and you could well kill your cooling system and car.

Id also wipe those white marks tonight and I'd check after driving it tomorrow. I would not leave it a week. If your WP is spraying coolant then you need to attend to it ASAP. The WP is a vital engine component and needs to be working properly.

Looks like water pump gasket sealant probably first time pressurisation has dropped it onto the belt and spun it out like that.

As stated before clean it off then start it up and see if it happens again, if not happy days, if it does the seal is not sat right.

Worst case the water pump is not operating correctly.

Hi everyone

I have cleaned off all the white/ pinkish dots and now I have to see if it sprays out again

But while I was cleaning , I think I know where the leak is coming from, it's there the "engine coolent" cap is there is a hose on the right where it connects the rad to the engine . The hose was leaking at the engine side " right on the edge of the hose " but now I have to see if any coolent is spraying out again

Wishe luck and hopefully nothing esle spits out

Thanks again to everyone that has replied to my post

Edward

Looks like a bit around the waterpump gasket area, did anyone spill some of it - that has got caught on a belt and spread around? Keep an eye on the coolant levels. If you have red/pink antifreeze it would dry pink?

No, I have pink coolant and it does dry on white onto the plastic engine covers. I flushed my system myself and was cleaning white dots exactly like in the op's pics for a few days afterwards.

Where I have a tiny leak at the top corner of my rad it dries on pink but that's onto a metal surface.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links