Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello to you all again.... I recently acquired a Nokia 6310i phone for my 1995 Lexus, and today I placed it in the cradle, which is situated under the arm rest. Upon testing everything works fine, when it rings the tones come through the speakers and everything is fine.... My enquiry is that when the phone rings do I have to life up the armrest to switch the answer button on, or is there some switch or button somewhere in the car that I have missed.. Any help appreciated. Thank you. Roy.

Hello to you all again.... I recently acquired a Nokia 6310i phone for my 1995 Lexus, and today I placed it in the cradle, which is situated under the arm rest. Upon testing everything works fine, when it rings the tones come through the speakers and everything is fine.... My enquiry is that when the phone rings do I have to life up the armrest to switch the answer button on, or is there some switch or button somewhere in the car that I have missed.. Any help appreciated. Thank you. Roy.

I just hit the green button on the phone and then the red one when finished. Mike

Thank you for your reply, but it seems a bit dangerous to be fiddling under the armrest to switch on and off the phone.. Is that just the bad placing of the phone cradle or what. Has anybody any other suggestions, or will I have to replace the cradle.... Thank you.

both my mark and 4 had the phones in the armrest with a button on the steering to make and revieve calls - but this was the phone which was designed to be fitted to cars - what you have is a handsfree kit for the that particular nokia and should really be fitted next to the stereo for ease of use - you might want to consider taking the trim apart and re-positioning it somewhere around the dash area

IMG_3694_zps7cf0c1ed.gif

Don't forget these cars were designed long before the recent no phone use while driving came into law.

Hitting the green button is no more difficult than switching your seat heater on or changing the volume on the stereo. Mike

Yes I am thinking that you are right...Maybe that the only solution is to move the Cradle in to a better position... Thank you all for the usual standard of assistance that comes from being a Lexus Owners Club Member.. Thank you so much........ Cheers Roy.

Related question on the side: are the original Lexus phones fitted under the arm rests of Mkis and 2s capable of receiving calls?

I have one that I removed from my LS when I bought it in 2008.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links