Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting/drilling Spoiler

carlb

I bought a spoiler and am finaly round to fitting it. Its a genuine lexus part the spoiler that is slightly raised with a brake light. The only issue i have is getting the holes marked for drilling.

It has 2 either end and 2 in the centre (1 bolt and 1 for cable) i read from new they come with some kind of template but obv i dont have that so was wondering what anyone could recommend instead so as i get the holes marked in the right place? I have the one shot at drilling them so i need to mark them correctly

Thanks

I used a pack of blue tack, place a flat piece onto all the legs and trim to shape, punch holes out ect. then place on boot lid and press down leaving blue tack on body work. (if it sticks to spoiler use a bit of fairy liquid on spoiler before blue tack.

I tried some double sided pads stuff before that didnt go too well but will go get some blue tack and try that Thanks. I have a roll of 3m double sided too which was great for the small lip one i just took off but i guess it has bolts because it needs them n dont fancy risking it fallin off in a couple of weeks

Its on. Same principal as the blu tack (ihgs300) The 3m worked spot on. well the 2nd time as i needed to make the spoiler side less sticky then it came away and stuck to the car easily.

imagejpg1.jpg

(Hopefully pic worked forgot how to post pic from ipad)

Thanks

The brake light just needs wiring up it has 2 seperate wires red+black but i thought it was supposed to be a plug i guess it got changed think i am goin to splice them onto rear brake light or the parcel shelf one which i need to hide anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the clear fogs and am happy. Only £40 brand new too bargain on eBay. Just need to add some extra wire to reach the rear brake light to wire in the spoiler light at weekend as i cannot find the mentioned connection that should be under the boot lid?

However since putting the fogs in my handbrake light stays on and googling showed a rear bulb issue. I did use the red bulbs that came with the lights and they light up when turned on but the warning light only came on once i installed the fogs?

Any ideas

a89b72110b8a0db7aa745a041fa79915.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bulb issue sorted it was because i put an LED bulb in high/3rd brake light ?? Replaced with regular again is hidden in parcel shelf now anyway as not used.

Even with all the bank holidays i have still not wired this spoiler light up as i dont have the connection on the corner on the boot lid only one in the centre so need to run longer wires into standard brake light or 3rd brake light but just to check What wire should i use is it a certain gauge or whatever as will rather buy the right stuff that works than just use some random wire out the shed?

Cheers

Any wire round the same gauge as the spoiler wiring will be fine. The bulb in the spoiler brake light is surprisingly small.

Ok so pulled out one of the rear light clusters but if i am looking at the correct bulb for the brake light it has 3 wires into it any idea which 2 i need to splice the red and black wires from spoiler into ? Would it work if i spliced them into the 3rd brake light as that only has 2 wires?