Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Precision Led Interior Lighting Kits & Led Reverse Lights

Hey Guys,

I've made some enquiries through my very helpful friends in LA about a group buy of sorts on the LED interior lighting kits from Precision.

I'll post an update on here with prices etc when I hear more.

If we could get together a list of those who would like a kit, what colour bulbs you want (6K or 8K), and if you want the complete package to include the LED reverse lights (highly recommend these - much brighter than stock, more definition on the multimedia screen when you reverse in dark conditions).

I'll probably limit the first order to 5 units, unless we have enough interest to get 10.

I'm due over in LA/AZ towards the end of May.

Once I know the prices, will ask you guys to transfer the cash into my joint bank account. I'll then buy the dollars for the kits before I head out in May.

For those not familiar with the kits, this is a link to their website: http://www.precisionled.com/vehicle/lexus-led/is-f-led.html

If anyone wants to see the kit in action so to speak, you are more than welcome to have a look at mine (provided you don't mind travelling to Kent!). :)

Really can't recommend these enough. Pictures don't do them justice to be honest.

This is the YouTube install video they did which is pretty self explanatory. The sunglasses holder is the only discrepancy, and you just remove the cover to expose the two Phillips head screws shown on the video.

Again, happy to help with installation if you are worried about anything. The puddle lights in the side mirrors are by far the trickiest ones to change.

Any questions, post them here, or PM me.

Thanks.

Peter :)

Just a bit confused as I have double checked and IS kit has one more set of bulbs than the ISF one.

The Base includes 3 for Map + 2 for Dome.

Screenshot attached below.

ek2342.jpg

You can put me down for a full IS Kit with the reverse bulbs in 6000K please.

Also, I have been doing some reading and it looks like V-LED has come up with a very bright bulb (flank style) for the door mirror puddle lights. There are some pictures below. Can you please comment on how bright you reckon these are in comparison to the precision ones you got.

XbZdyMO.jpg

IMG_1121_zpsd81c31a9.jpg

If they are significantly brighter than it may be worth getting these (just for the mirrors - rest can be precision as you don't want the interior to be too bright!!)

Let me know your thoughts.

This is what I got in my kit:

b193fa426b4c52a0ba187cbc3c60a082_zpse49c

So we have:

- Reverse Lights

- Map Lights - these are the 3 in the front dome

- Dome Lights - rear dome

- Couresy Lights x 2 - one was the puddle lights, one was the door lights

- Vanity Lights - the ones behind the sun visors

- Trunk Light - the one in the boot

I'm happy with the strength of the puddle lights to be honest. The second picture is misleading, as you can see the street light is giving a false brightness. Guess it depends on what you want from them. Mine are plenty bright enough when added with the domes that come on when you unlock the doors.

You can always pop over one evening to see for yourself mate?

Photos don't do them justice in my opinion.

Cheers.

1. Roheel 8K Full Set including reverse lights

2. Steve 8K Full Set including reverse lights

3. Jami IS 6K Full Set including reverse lights

4. Sim 8K Full Set including reverse lights

Keep em coming guys. ;)

Two Items are needed:

1) New Flasher so that you don't get hyper flash (It is possible to modify the existing flasher too - More info here)

2) 7440 LED bulbs - Amber in color

Here are some prices from VLED (USA)

1) Flasher is $20

2) Bulbs rear pair is $50

I think it may be possible to source the bulb cheaper. Will have to do some research or maybe we can tempt VLED to give us a discount with a group buy too? :D

The new flasher will cope with LED indicator bulbs in the front headlights too but I think changing those bulbs will require the removal of the headlights.

• 2 weeks later...

Right chaps.

Thanks to a discount for buying 5 sets, price will be £70 a set. :)

The kit installed on my car is the 8K version.

I'm looking to be in LA the first week of June. I will bring the kits back with me. Happy to post out(will do them recorded delivery, but will need extra cash to cover it), or help fit them at my place. :)

Will need the money transferred by 15th May or so at the latest.

If you can call me in May (no need to do it right now), I'll give you the bank details.

Gives a few weeks to get the cash together. ;)

Will post my phone number now: 07734 994867

Any questions, post them here.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I got in my kit:b193fa426b4c52a0ba187cbc3c60a082_zpse49c

So we have:

- Reverse Lights

- Map Lights - these are the 3 in the front dome

- Dome Lights - rear dome

- Couresy Lights x 2 - one was the puddle lights, one was the door lights

- Vanity Lights - the ones behind the sun visors

- Trunk Light - the one in the boot

I'm happy with the strength of the puddle lights to be honest. The second picture is misleading, as you can see the street light is giving a false brightness. Guess it depends on what you want from them. Mine are plenty bright enough when added with the domes that come on when you unlock the doors.

You can always pop over one evening to see for yourself mate?

Photos don't do them justice in my opinion.

Cheers.

Did you get any pics of the style of bulb used in puddle light and reverse light? The puddle light seems so bright it's almost like its one sided, but I guess it could not be because of possible polarity conflict. Is the reverse bulb one that has a domed lens on the end to add a degree of focus to the beam? Any pics would be appreciated.

Right chaps, it's getting close to my next trip to LA.

Would ideally like to get these ordered for you by the end of the week/beginning of next week to avoid any disappointments.

I did check back with my friend in LA and unfortunately the discounted price we have been offered is only in relation to the IS-F kits (not the regular IS ones).

Will mean I can't get any discount for Jami on this occasion. Might be able to do something if there were 5 people who wanted one though??

That means we only have 3 firm orders so far. We ideally need 5 as a minimum to get the discount.

I'll be PM'ing bank details to Sim, Roheel, and Dave shortly. Be good if we could get another 2 orders (saves me stumping up the cash to buy them to get the £70 a set price deal!).

Thanks guys.

Oh bummer. Was looking forward to this.

Maybe another time. :)

Sorry Jami. :(

If you can get a few IS owners interested, I'll try and do another order if you like?

Cheers.

Right guys. Think I have 4 potential orders so far.

Need a fifth to get us the discounted price.

I want to place the order in the next few days ideally.

I'll be heading out on Sunday 1st June, so we need to sort the order and money out before then.

If anyone is unsure, and doesn't mind a drive to my house one evening, you're welcome to come and see my kit in action.

These do make a nice improvement to the dim halogens from the factory.

I'm hoping at least one of the buyers wants my help with the install. That way I can earn another contributor star by doing a guide for everyone. :)

Think Roheel will be back for his install. ;)

Any questions, let me know.

Cheers.