Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can Lexus Check The Ecu For Accident Damage?

Afternoon,

Am in the final stages of negotiation on an 11 plate ISF.

Does anyone know if the ISF can be checked for excess G which would indicate accident damage?

This can be done with Porsche and Nissan GTR by plugging in the OBD Diagnostics but the dealer may only have limited access to this data.

One other question, what is the VIN number for the 11 plate cars that have the LSD and DRLs?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Good questions! Not sure what the answers would be to be totally honest chap.

I don't believe there would be any stored data for the G force achieved. If there was, I am pretty sure it could be cleared from the ECU prior to any sale. The same would apply to any error codes that may have been recorded at the time of an accident/failure.

I'm guessing your VIN question is more a case of what the differences are between a pre and post LSD/DRL equipped model?? Each car will have it's own unique VIN (I'm sure you already know this), but maybe the later cars have an additional letter or number that identifies if it has the LSD/DRL fitted?

May be a dumb question but have you tried speaking with a Lexus dealer about the car you are looking to buy? If you can give them the registration number, they can access the Dealer Network database, and send you screenshots of the information they have? Lexus Woodford did this for me when I was looking to buy mine. :)

Not the best response I know, but maybe helps a bit.

Good luck with the purchase chap! ;)

Cheers.

Peter

Gtr actually has a 'g' reading ecu don't think the f has.

Could always call a dealer to confirm but doubt they would know either. Maybe try USA forum?

Best bet is to get full report and inspection on the car. Good peace of mind if you are worried.

Has the car your looking at got Dab radio, LED running lights and 7 digit postcode Sat Nav, when I bought mine I was told by the dealer that these were included in the upgrade.

The latest model also has the Sport button on the steering wheel.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links