Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picking Up My Badboy Today

Connoor

Hi everyone,

Picking up my IS200 today and cannot wait! Got 96k miles but apparently the engines are sound. (I'm sure you lot know..) And prior to the current owner who's had it for 5 months, it has 1 owner from new and the most hilariously comprehensive service history.

Sure they're juicy, but ***** for the money they're fully loaded..

Everything works (even the cd changer and I've heard they're dodgy)

Only thing I'm bothered about is connecting my phone to the headunit, as I've been told its best to keep the original in there if its working.. and I don't really want to revert back to an aux to tape cassette converter like back in the day haha

This evening can't come soon enough.

• Like 1

Picked it up this evening! so nice to drive and all of the kit is mad, the automatic headlights blew my friggin mind. I've put up a pic from the ad, but will have to take some more tomorrow, very happy with her!

post-50005-0-55869000-1397083290_thumb.j

• Like 1

Got this photo of mine and my mates cars,

Loving it so far.. quite a few surface scratches on the surface (tried tcut metallic but didnt do much so other suggestions welcome) but the interior is mint and all the electrics are perfect.

I honestly can't believe this car is 11 years old. Mad.

post-50005-0-23445000-1397161543_thumb.j

Blue was my first choice for colour, but in the end I went for the (off) silver. Enjoy it - I've had mine a couple years now, and I still enjoy driving it! Went out this eve down my usual twisty lanes, and whilst it might not be the quickest thing you can buy, it sure does grip!

What phone do you want to connect to the HU? There's a couple kits out that work with the stock HU (they plug into the external CD changer port on the back of the HU), one made by a company called GROM and another called XCARLINK. I think both have Bluetooth options too. I have the Grom model, and use it with my Iphone and iPod (30pin connector standard on the Grom which works with iPod, and the apple lightning adapter to use with my Iphone (5). For the most part, it works a treat (bit of a niggle with the Iphone 5 + lightning adapter; sometimes it works flawlessly, other times it keeps "disconnecting" (not physically). Worked flawlessly with Iphone 4, so I'm convinced the problem lies in the apple adapter and backward compatibility.

But these kits don't just cater for iStuff - they'll also connect to other brands too, or get the Bluetooth link and have it wirelessly play.

• Like 1

Ive got a samsung s3, but will be happy with the aux. port because I use spotify on my phone and it may not be compatible but I'm not sure. I've seen Dension ones before, and the cheaper versions on eBay but dont know whether to trust them..

God I'm loving this car so much. Everything about it is just amazing. Makes you wonder why people ever buy brand new beamers when these badboys are fully loaded. So nice to drive and so comfy aswell. The fact the boot opens from the key is amazing aswell. It's become my party trick.

• Like 1

Ive got a samsung s3, but will be happy with the aux. port because I use spotify on my phone and it may not be compatible but I'm not sure. I've seen Dension ones before, and the cheaper versions on ebay but dont know whether to trust them..

God I'm loving this car so much. Everything about it is just amazing. Makes you wonder why people ever buy brand new beamers when these badboys are fully loaded. So nice to drive and so comfy aswell. The fact the boot opens from the key is amazing aswell. It's become my party trick.

I've got an S3 too. Grom Bluetooth connected to the head unit (mine is standard. I replaced like for like as the old CD Changer was sticking) all the music on my phone and hands free call answering through the head unit. All thanks to Grom.

Great cars. Reliable look great, sound great and have character. My headunit works flawlessly. Heard as long as you wait for load light it wont break. Love my yatour for aux and ipod in. Also GROM is same thing. I dont use my phone much just keep little nano in there all the time. Get one

Funny you should mention the ipod nano, because I found my 1st gen ipod nano down the back of the sofa the other day, and as they were recalled years ago, sent if off last week and a brand new one is on its way... so if you know anyone with one, let them know, as it's been around for years but nobody seems to have a clue

connoor , congrats on your new lexi you are gonna love it, just service it regulary and it will pay you back 10 fold, just hope my is250 is going to be as great as my 200, enjoy,

allan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links