Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Group Buy Idea

wildrnes

if someone can get all the part numbers I know where i can get these at a really good price

GB price will be even better

find out what the IS is and the GS series 1 and 2

in fact lets do the whole range eh!

Am I missing something here, how often are you going to change plugs that last 100,000 miles and are the same as the ones already fitted to your car?

The first GS MKIIs use Platinum plugs (last 60,000 miles) as I guess do the MKIs. Don't know when they changed to iridium (1999 or 2000?). I think iridium have always been fitted to the IS.

Your service book will tell you, if you need plugs every 60,000miles then you have Platinum or 100,000miles for iridium. I think there is also a sticker under the bonnet stating the plugs fitted, there is on the GS.

Am I missing something here, how often are you going to change plugs that last 100,000 miles and are the same as the ones already fitted to your car?

The first GS MKIIs use Platinum plugs (last 60,000 miles) as I guess do the MKIs. Don't know when they changed to Iridium (1999 or 2000?). I think Iridium have always been fitted to the IS.

Your service book will tell you, if you need plugs every 60,000miles then you have Platinum or 100,000miles for Iridium. I think there is also a sticker under the bonnet stating the plugs fitted, there is on the GS.

do you not think 100,000 miles is a lot.same applys with the cam belt,with a high powered car like the 200,i think 100,000 miles is pushing it,thats my view anyway,the plugs must be unreal to last that long aswell, :)

100,000 miles is a long time but that's what they last. Changing oil and filters before the schedule I agree with but unless there is a problem with the plugs then I don't see the point. My old Supra was 7 years old and 58,000miles when I sold it, still on the original Platinum plugs and running as good as ever.

As the plugs hardly ever come out these days manufactures don't worry about them being easy to change, for example the throttle body may need to be removed to gain access to a couple of them. I don't know how easy it is on the IS200?