Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg On Hybrids

Umm. The LPG would obviously replace the petrol and would not impact upon the Hybrid side of things. The cost of LPG over petrol is a simple choice to want to change, but at £2000 to have the work done, it may still take 2 years before it becomes cost effective. There should not be a noticeable drop in power, but there will be some. IT WON'T IMPROVE THE MPG, just lower the costs.

Thanks very much for the advice, my reason behind the post was I currently have a rx300 on LPG, and I was just thinking of eventually when I want to upgrade to a newer model.

You are correct on both counts............

I know it is possible now to buy a "budget" system for around 1K, but virtually all normal systems for a V6 will come out at around 2K.

As for the mpg it will always be worse as LPG has a lower energy coefficient than petrol, but of course the car will be cheaper to run as LPG is almost half the cost of petrol.

I'd love to see the figures for LPG paying for itself in 10K, I don't think even the most die hard LPG fan would claim that.

• 4 weeks later...

attachicon.gif1999_lexus_gs_300_pillar_post.jpg

Hi JosephLeslie. You're in Caerphilly too! Forgive me for asking, but what is the GX300?

Just googled GX300 and this came up. What's the difference between the GS300 and the GX300?

GX300 must be a GS300 without any road springs apparently :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi

im back

the trouble with graphs is that they are obsolete when any component part changes

ie LPG 69p

the point of LPG is not what it costs but how you feel when you have it

1 nice to put £60 LPG rather than£85 unleaded-good feeling

2 average installation cost is £200 per cylinder-other costs just fatten the bill

3 payback costs-why no allowance for vehicle depreciation in calculations-based on the theory that you would not get your money back-why buy a LEXUS or any vehicle in the first place

4 loss of power-unless you drive on the redline you will not notice any loss of performance

to recap -its agood feeling to have lpg as you notice no difference in vehicle operation except the fuel costs

hope i hgave not upset the diehards but surely the only pleasure these days is enjoying driving your car!

joe

I'd say more like 30k and it'll pay for itself, that's how it worked out for me anyroad.

lpg.jpg

Excellent analysis :phone:

Is there not also an issue with the size of the replacement LPG tank? Doesn't it have to be pretty huge and take up a lot of boot space?

Minor point - you can't take your LPG car on the Eurotunnel, so that would be my summer holiday out the window :whistling:

Usually the gas tank takes the space where your full size spare wheel is stored, so you can say goodbye to that as well........but you can always use a can of compressed gunge instead :whistling:

There are many pros and cons for each.......I never understand the "it'll enhance the resale value"......its bad enough to sell a car without a full service history let alone one that has had major engine modifications made to it, albeit to aid economy. I can see a dyed in the wool LPG convert buying a used LPG car but most normal buyers would run a mile I reckon.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links