Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polyurethane Bodykits

Zebber

Hi guys/gals I've been having lots of problem with bumper extensions and kits for my is200 and they all have the same thing in common they are fiberglass and from what I can tell made very poorly so I did some research and polyurethane bodykits are amazing they flex and bend crazy amounts with out cracking or worping but I can only find them in America seems that there are non in the UK that make them all I'm after is a front lip for my is200 anyone know a little more about this topic or have a nice lip for sale pretty please lol

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I think you might still be able to buy them from lexus(not cheap though) pm ACLex and he should be able to help or keep an eye on the bay although genuine ones tend to go for a lot.

Ty I've sent him a message I doubt one will pop up on eBay I've been checking it daily for least 3months know lol it's got desperate I just like the look with either a TTE bumper or the lip extensions. Have you got the TTE kit on yours Scudney?

I bought a TRD front lip from lexus Tunbridge Wells for £149, how much was you looking to spend on one?

I've never trusted fibre glass kits since I had one on my old MG ZR few years back, I got close to a kerb edge and it shattered the fibre glass.

Back in November I got a full genuine Lexus body kit fitted to my Lex, TRD front lip (£149), TRD skirts (£200) and I opted for the TTE rear lip (£145 for new bumper and included lip).

They are out there, just got to hunt for them. Keep your eyes peeled on eBay, they come up every now and then.

I've seen a few sellers on eBay selling the front lip at like £200, give your local lexus dealer a call, i was surprised how cheap the front splitter was, seeing the prices of front splitters on eBay then phoning lexus direct, i saved £50 by going to the dealer. But then again, others I spoke to said to me that I got the new rear bumper and TTE splitter very cheap so I suppose its pot luck.

Have you tried giving Ricky a call, he's a Lexus breaker, only breaks IS200/300's in the birmingham area, thats who I got the TTE bumper/splitter from. If you want it I'll PM the number over to you.

I've spoke to my lexus dealer in Bristol and they stopped storing the kits after 5years of production they have nuffin only spare parts i amagin you bought old stock sitting on the shelf cause there not making genuine kits anymore but if you could send me Ricky's number please il give him a ring I spose he more then anyone will have them ty

Hi got the panel it was bit scuffed so I'm painting it but overall I'm very happy with it. Any ideas on how's best to secure the middle of the panel to bumper as I see it bolts on sides but not got any brackets for middle

Are you talking about the front TRD splitter? If so, mine was bolted onto the original bumper, there should be mounting lugs on the splitter in the middle and 1/4 of the way in from the sides. When I had mine fitted holes were drilled in the bumper to bolt the splitter in place.

I had a bad feeling you were going to sey that lol cause the right side bracket is missing and the left one is broke off nearly why does everything on this car test my fabrication skills lol I will have to epoxy the left one then and make a plate for the right great fun

I would have checked the mounting brackets before buying it mate, that way you would have known if you going to have issues fitting it. Have you thought about tigerseal glue and couple of screws on the under side so you wont see them.

It's ok I've made a steel bracket to go in the place of the missing left side and il Q-bond it to the splitter as that's a plastic repair kit should not need a middle one as it sits pretty snug around the bumper already