Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 Rear Quarter Windows Mod

CraigIson

HI all

How can i make make the rear quarter windows controllable so that they can be up when the roof is down?

I understand there is 2 versions of Luxlink and the mk2 version gives the ability to control them (But silly hard to get hold of and costly). Is there any other ways to do so? There's a few videos on youtube of owners who have fitted a switch to control them, but i can't find any diagrams for the wiring.

I know when the roofs down the windows should be down, but i would like to leave the car with the roof down, windows up, and the rear quarts up, i think it just finishes the SC430's smooth lines.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

It does have it written in the owners manual on page 247

I've only owned the car for 5 days now, And as you do. Ive read the manual cover to cover hehe

Basically ...

1. Make sure the roof is down and the ignition is on.

2. Press the Valet/Trunk lock button in the glove box to LOCK the roof in the down position.

3 Within 10 seconds of pressing the valet button/locking the roof down. Press the OPEN main switch for the roof on the dash TWICE.

4 Then PRESS AND HOLD the CLOSE side of the main switch (with in 10 seconds of step 3) until the rear windows come up.

I'm not 100% about the 'within 10 seconds', But when i do it i simply do a PRESS .... PRESS .... PRESS AND HOLD kind of pattern. The manual says to operate the switch slowly, but it gives no indication to what slowly is!

It took me a few attempts to get it the timing right. I just turned the ignition off and put the valet switch back to open. But if needs be, i can make a little video of how i do it.

I believe it also works in reverse. So if the roof is up and you want the rear quarters down. You lock the roof up, and then press open, open, hold close. i will be trying this tomorrow so i will keep you posted.

I'm pretty sure the roof can be put back up with the windows up too. But i can't remember if, when the roof is going back up it re lowers all the windows till the roof is back up, and then puts the windows back up (I can check this tomorrow)

Update ...

Yes you can get the rear quarter windows up by using the method above. But some owners find that when they start driving, the roof "Bing' alarm sounds and carries on till they stop driving and will carry on doing so till they put the roof back up.

It does seam to be hit and miss if the alarm sounds ... It looks like a suck it and see job.

• 4 years later...

Hi, I have tried to reset the operational sequence of the rear quarter lights my 2006 SC 430 and it it does work,  however when I use the roof again I have to go through the programming sequence again. Has anyone any idea how to make this a permanent change?

Now when parked up, the windows go down while you're away-nightmare? (-:

Just watched progr and rebuilding a 1960 425cc 2CV. Fold back roof; pop up the windows...in any order. Just not as quick as an SC.....

• Like 1