Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intermittent Abs/vsc/trc

Sinister79

Hi, This is my first post and I am hoping someone on here can help me as I am struggling with this particular issue. I have a 2006 IS250 and have owned the car for 5 months.

I have an issue where the ABS/VSC/TRC lights all come on at the same time once every 2-3 weeks. This never happens upon starting the engine, only when I am in motion.

There is not a common factor for when this happens, it has happened when parking on a kerb, it has happened when moving slowly in traffic, it has happened when approaching a red traffic light.

The lights will stay on until I arrive at my destination and turn the engine off, but don't appear again for another 2-3 weeks.

I have contacted Lexus in Manchester and they have advised that they can only determine what is causing this if I bring it to them when the light is on. This is obviously a problem, as it always disappears once the engine is turned off.

Now, all of this said, it does not concern me. It drives exactly the same and the brakes perform in the same manner. My concern is with regards to its forthcoming MOT in three weeks time. The lights being on would be an MOT fail, but how can I resolve it if Lexus can't diagnose the issue???

The chances are I will take the car for its MOT and it will pass, as it never occurs upon start up, but what if it does not? I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Is it likely to fail an MOT if it never happens on start up?

Thanks

Hi Jonathan

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your IS250. There is a few posts on the forum in relation to these warning lights and they can be anything from the fuel cap not being on right, o2 sensors going in the engine and the cat breaking.

I once had this issue and it was after refuelling and when I replaced the cap it went away never to be seen again, However I am surprise that Lexus are saying they can only check it when the lights are on. They can surely do a code check and see what codes are being displayed even if the lights are not on.

There will hopefully be someone else on the forum who has more experience of this than me, but from reading up on it myself it can be a thousand things and if it keeps appearing it is best to get it sorted incase it makes it worse.

Bobby