Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well Chuffed

Raj1881

Hi everyone :D

I am delighted to be the proud new owner of a v.late 2000 'X' plate IS200 SE in Granite Sky with Exmoor. Following months of searching I have found my perfect car - 1 owner, full Lexus history, 51k and absolutely unmarked for £10.5k - :D :D :D and just 3 miles away!!!!!

I have admired the IS for a long time now and just can't stop myself from grinning since its Friday collection. It drives, looks and feels superb, as I'm sure u'll all appreciate. I feel guilty cos Im spending way too much time relishing the 4000 - 6250rpm zone at the moment.

I did a history check both with the dealers and the AA AND had it AA inspected. They pointed out the obvious clutch judder (v.annoying) and slightly notchy first to second throw which ive read so much about here - there is also a slight bit of surface corrosion on the exhaust. I there anything realistically that I can do before the warranty runs out in a few months. Gonna get it booked in for an MoT a month before its due, just in case.

I'm glad there are a whole lot of u out there who Love their Lexs (Lexuses, Lexi :P ).

p.s. I will be joining GOLD very soon and hope to get Pentagon Tints, Red Calipers with chrome Lexus badges sorted out very, very soon. Any ideas about whether i should go for 35/65% front/back tints or 35% all round would be gladly appreciated.

p.p.s. Sorry bout the long post, but....... :D

Mate, I remember exactly how I felt when I got mine a while back. :D

I also had admired the IS200 from afar for a long while and was over the moon when I finally managed to buy one. :hehe:

I certianly haven't been disappointed and I am sure you won't be.

Still a proud owner! :D

Congratulations

Welcome to the club!!

Happy to have another enthusiast among our ranks. Your car is a rare colour too. not many in the club. Hope to see it at a meet soon. Good idea about the Gold. You mght wanna think about it for your insurance too...

Mods sound tasty. lets see some pics.

Loz :zee:

Raj,

Just for the record:

Admin does not look like the picture on his avatar. he has lost at least 20lbs since it was taken and wears less jewellery now...

:blink:

However, Loz's avatar is pretty much spot on.. :whistling:

And so is Zee's!

Where he found it, I wish I knew!

Loz

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome

To answer a few of the questions:

Wallace- Although not a Scot, I'm in Glasgow

Admin- I've looked into the extended warranty and am considering it - it's good to know about the GOLD discount

Phunt- Pentagon are a very reputable Security Glazing Company with outlets nationwide and in my humble opinion are the industry standard for Privacy Glass (as far as I know that is... I think :geek: )

Loz- Will definately keep an eye out for Meets

Forgot to mention, I'm also looking at getting the Phillips Blue Vision bulbs - if anyone's got them, could you tell me where I could see a pic and if you've had any problems with them?

Cheers once more ladies and gents :)

I am delighted to be the proud new owner ....

I have admired the IS for a long time now and just can't stop myself from grinning since its Friday collection.

Congrats mate - nothing better than fulfilling a long term vision

Now you have to set your eyes on the next one and make that happen too!

Enjoy your new car :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links