Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gypsey Tarmac Blokes

Steve

We have had alot of Irish Gypsey tarmc guys knocking on the door asking if we want our driveway doing... Not long after we got a community letter with a warning that these guys will price a job.. do the job.. then hike the price sky high!... If you dont pay then they wreck the drive and threaten to get their boys on to you.

Anyway.. I look out the window this morning and there is a huge pile of old broken up tarmac piled in the street... cars are finding it hard to pass and there are 3 diddy coys making a complete hash of the neighbours driveway.

I am just bettin the the wife of the fella over the road said yes to them... tsk tsk

I have been sat here watching em whilst working and I am really starting to feel sorry for the neighbours

So.. the point of this thread is.. tell the missus that if anyone asks to do the drive.. say NO!!

I also have heard of another driveway scam...

I think they are called pavemore driveways or something??

But apparently, a guy turns up at your door, and says he is working down the road on a neighbours driveway, and has some ashpalt left over, and they will repair holes/damage in yours for a tenner...

Then they turn up and do the whole driveway (badly), and charge you a fortune..

Similar scam been operated around the Midlands as Fidgits describes. They quote you and when they have patched it up they ask for the monet and the £10 - £15 they quote turns out to be per square metre. A firm, foolishly, got their car park done ans it cost them £10k.

Outside my old officer was a stip of tarmac.. i always wondered why this large strip was there and the rest of the inustrail estate was gravel

apparently the landlord was scammed... threatened and all

here is another scam... be careful of this one as even i was fooled

A guy comes to the door out of breath... claims that has has an information pack and asked for a signature to say we got the pack as it was required by them

turned out it was a salesman for London Electricity and I had signed over our original contract with southern electric and swapped to London eletric

As an FSB member at the time I soon got that changed immediatly.

What a complete fool I was.. turns out my grandfather was scmammed by the same guy too!

We went ballistic!

A bloke tried a similar scam with me on the leccy. He said that their records showed that they had me on their more expensive package and that they would change me to their better deal if I just signed on the dotted line. When I pointed out that they weren't our suppliers they still wanted me to sign.

I pulled the 'dopey female' approach and said that my husband dealt with all the bills...!

We have had alot of Irish Gypsey tarmc guys knocking on the door asking if we want our driveway doing... Not long after we got a community letter with a warning that these guys will price a job.. do the job.. then hike the price sky high!... If you dont pay then they wreck the drive and threaten to get their boys on to you.

Anyway.. I look out the window this morning and there is a huge pile of old broken up tarmac piled in the street... cars are finding it hard to pass and there are 3 diddy coys making a complete hash of the neighbours driveway.

I am just bettin the the wife of the fella over the road said yes to them... tsk tsk

I have been sat here watching em whilst working and I am really starting to feel sorry for the neighbours

So.. the point of this thread is.. tell the missus that if anyone asks to do the drive.. say NO!!

highway blocked that is the highways department problems with path laying could well be health and safety executive

usual complaint is no ppe is the site closed off ie can children get on to the site ? take some pictures looks like it could be a laugh

what are diddy coys

Dont you just love them... Claire if you had gone into dunsfold aerodrome (clarksons hanger show place)via the other end you would have seen a rather large community of pikey scum.. When the harriers were still being built and tested there... I jest ye not..some wealthy person tried to persuade a test pilot to ditch the plane on the pikey camp..

i guy i knew a while ago got scammed by the pikey's with his driveway. same thing pay the price or you WILL pay the price. so he coughed up found out where they were camped an took some mates and burned three pikey trucks out, then legged it quick. dont agree with criminal damage exept damage to criminals

Dont you just love them... Claire if you had gone into dunsfold aerodrome (clarksons hanger show place)via the other end you would have seen a rather large community of pikey scum.. When the harriers were still being built and tested there... I jest ye not..some wealthy person tried to persuade a test pilot to ditch the plane on the pikey camp..

something similar happened at Filton - when they got the new airbus aircraft they were doing a ground run and the exhaust was pointing towards a gypo camp - they did a power run and there were no caravans or a gypo site left - well bits of caravans- after they had been thrown around like leaves in the wind :P it even lifted some tarmac off the ground!

they have finished and gone.. they have left 4 ton of rubbel across the street blocking the path

they have laid the tarmac at about 3/4 inch thick.... bumpy and looks a right mess...

i wish i had the camera... would have been a laugh!

Bing Bong (Our doorbell)

Creak (Sound of door opening)

"Do I know this person?" (Question brain asks itself)

"No" (The answer returned by brain)

"Hel" Creak SLAM (The amount the stranger manages to say before the door slams shut)

We had a weird looking 7ft tall bloke come around the other day. I did my usual slam in the face treatment, but speaking to the woman next door, he was apparently asking for the details of all pre-school kids in the area so he could do a survey for Birmingham University. Well dodgy. I wish I lived in a house that had a 15ft wall all round the perimeter and big electric gates so I could choose whether I was pestered by this riff raff.

i cant stop laughing.. the pikeys are clearing the rubbish and they have had to put their flashing beacon on top of the their transit tipper.... I had to take caution

thing is its a quiet road.. i am giggling how pathetic they look!

the wagon is well over loaded.. and i can see that being dumped somewhere illegally

the first load only took them 5 mins... the nearest trade dump is 30 mins away!

Two of my neighbours got done about a year ago,they laid the tarmac an inch thick and now it has all lifted looks like it is about 20 years old .i remember one of them refused to pay and this big pikey just sat on his wall for hours until the rest of the gang came ,He paid as soon as they arrived .We have a lot of them knocking at the moment asking about tree lopping and pruning .

Whatever you call them, they are bad news. Wife got me done up for £5k last year (was going to be on a Lexus car, had to save up another year for that), I was out "he was a nice man in a dayglo jacket and we needed the drive doing"....... And they asked for £10k. After.

Anyway she knows she pays for any more flights of fancy like that again.

:shutit:

It was sons wedding reception next day. Otherwise, well who knows? I was out getting stuff.

Yes Tarmac. about 100 feet by 25 feet straight line.

Look you just got to put it down to experience after all this time. It put my blood pressure up for Months!! I have a really good friend yet he teased me about it for AGES, which was almost worse!!!

Its still there and my gold RX-300 (1999 new to me 20k miles) looks great on it!