Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Glovebox Area Rattle

I have a really annoying rattle in the glovebox area but I can't trace it. I've emptied the glovebox and it still rattles even if the door is left open when I drive. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

One other thing. I've set my doors to unlock either when I put the tranny into P (which does work) or when I open the drivers door (which doesn't work). When I open the drivers door I thought all the other doors would open too but they remain locked until I put the car into P. I have adjusted the car's customisable page so that all doors should open on the drivers door but they don't. Am I missing something?

Cheers

Peter

I would speak to your dealer as soon as re the rattle. The early 2nd Gen IS had all sorts of problems with creaky dashes etc. they will be keenly aware of that and swift, I would hope, to investigate and sort your issue.

They can deal with the door locking situation at the same time too.

I have exactly the same thing. Car is only 6 weeks old and has had this issue for the past 2 weeks.

The rattle is still there with the glovebox empty, shelf removed and door open/closed. I removed the aircon filter cover (inside the glovebox) a couple of days ago and so far, it does seem better.

I am also getting a rattle from the drivers side adjustable seat belt. Anyone know how to fix this one?

Cheers Bob

Cheers for the reply Bob. I was going to have a go at removing the glovebox shelf this weekend. Does it just pull out or are there catches or screws? I'll have a look too at the cabin filter cover.

Re the seatbelt latch thingy on the B pillar both my front seats buzz from time to time. I'm sure someone will answer the best place to put some felt.

Cheers

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

A tad worrying, the IS2 was blighted with rattles...in those very places too! The glove box was the dash clips, and the seat belt rattle was a squeak that annoyed me to death. Never did get it sorted, even though the dealer had it in bits several times.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links