Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a 2006 gs450h and am having the wheels refurbished .I been told I need to get replacement chrome spokes as it is impossible to remove the old ones without breaking them. Very expensive !!!!!! .Has anyone managed to get off without breaking them? I have taken the two nuts that hold them on but one of the studs seems to be screwed into the wheel and and will not budge. any ideas ?

Who is refurbishing your wheels?

Lexus use 'Pristine Alloys'. It might be a good idea to speak to them as they would no doubt have dealt with GS alloys in the past.

Have you priced up new spokes? I did a couple of years ago then they were £30 each plus VAT £720 !!! Mine did come off with a tap after removing 2 X small 8mm? nuts, mine just needed wire wool, came up really well.

• 2 months later...

• 11 months later...

It seems the bolts were corroded on to the wheel ,a few drops of acid, leave for an hour and then just tap them out !!

Did you ever get the wheels refurbished and how did you refurbish the crime trims?

Had the wheels sprayed,sorry I did not take them to Prestine Wheels but at the time could not get chrome spokes off.

It was the bloke who sprayed that got them off.The chrome spokes were in good condition so just cleaned them.

Has the wheels on a GS300 refurbished at Prestine Wheels some years ago and still looked like new 4 years

later. The spray finish is ok but does not look as good as powder coating.