Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

400H Newbie Questions

Hoping to pick up the RX on Friday, so thought I'd group my questions together!

1. Anyone had any experience with corrosion on the wiper arms (the thick part where they bolt to the motor)? Easy to get off in order to prep and paint?

2. Best place to get some nice black carpet floor mats?

3. My god it's dirty inside! I'll be cleaning the carpets and was wandering how easy the front seats come out? Noted a few of you have done this when leak hunting!

Thanks all

Hi there,not noticed my wiper arms corroding,you can buy a proper wiper arm puller for less than a tenner which makes it easier to get them off. Had my wheels refurbed by lexus and again by myself, also had my roof rails refurbed as they were corroded underneath these are quite common.

Yep, one of my wiper arms is corroded... decided to ignore it for now. I'd look to replace it rather than repair it though.

For mats, I whole heartedly recommend mrcarmats.com

mats are made to order and you can choose colour, trim, thickness of carpets. Delivery is quick, and and price goods.

Hoping to pick up the RX on Friday, so thought I'd group my questions together!

1. Anyone had any experience with corrosion on the wiper arms (the thick part where they bolt to the motor)? Easy to get off in order to prep and paint?

2. Best place to get some nice black carpet floor mats?

3. My god it's dirty inside! I'll be cleaning the carpets and was wandering how easy the front seats come out? Noted a few of you have done this when leak hunting!

Thanks all

Wiper arm corrosion is common problem, seen it on a few, very easy to remove an paint just a little bit of time and sunshine!

Cant beat genuine mats but expensive i'm afraid

Front seats are only held on by 4 bolts and lots of wiring! just note what wires/connectors go where

Officially you are supposed to disconnect battery for 20 minutes, but you can just disconnect them no problems

Spurty will buy you new leather seat upholstery if the side bag goes off :lol:

I'd be inclined to disconnect the Battery as a precaution anyway, we always did when working on airbags etc.

You'll only have to reprogram the windows I believe, even the raido will be fine.

Ha! Cheers.

Got the car today, gave myself the afternoon off (!!) and cleaned the leather and plastics. The carpet (light grey) is proving more of a challenge, looks like the lexus rubber mats it had have left a yellow tarnish! But on a good note I don't need to remove the seats.

I'm sort of brining this car back from the near dead - good price, 59k miles, full lexus history, but badly neglected by current owner for 18 months ( wealthy folk, used as a kid carrier).

Booked in for a full set of Hankook Ventus tyres and 4 wheel alignment on Monday. Hoping this will cure the crap steering, pulling left and generally weird feeling, I think the near bald tyres are making the steering odd.

Otherwise I absolutely love this car, got 31mpg on my trip home, pure luxury, powerful, quiet, full of toys. It's the SE-L with screens in the back (of no use to me!).

If anyone tonight has any tips for carpet cleaning then please let me know, otherwise I'm going to crack open the Vanish tomorrow :(

Booked in for a full set of Hankook Ventus tyres and 4 wheel alignment on Monday. Hoping this will cure the crap steering, pulling left and generally weird feeling, I think the near bald tyres are making the steering odd.

Good choice on the Hankooks! Just had 4 fitted to mine a couple of weeks ago. Excellent grip and very quiet.

It was this great forum that gave me the idea of Hankooks! Glad they're good. Cheap aswell!

So the car is spotless inside now apart from the carpets, can't shift the yellow staining which is everywhere :(. Outside clayed and polished. Knackered.

I've found a black carpet at a breakers for £200 delivered - any idea how many hours it'd take me to strip and replace? I know a few of you have done this for leak repairs.

Would it look ok do you think? It's light grey interior, so I think it'll look the part, opinions?

Lastly anyone know how to remove the front door bin? There's a load of change stuck under my drivers door, could be lucrative!

Cheers all,

I bit the bullet and bought the black carpet!

Still need to find out how to remove the door pocket - I released the two plastic pegs inside the pocket, but couldn't work out how to go from there?

Thanks Dan, that does help for future ref. just got in from doing it, very tricky but manged it and I found £2.68! Also a lot of old sweet wrappers etc. All cleaned and no rattling money now :)