Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Question - 2012 To 2008

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi. Just recently acquired an IS-F and know it's a small community :) came from a Honda Accord and run the Typeaccord.co.uk forum in UK.

Anyway was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Does anyone know if the 2012 suspension struts/springs would fit a 2008 car?

Looking forward to contributing more!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Basically the only small gripe I have with the car is the jiggliness? Bouncy feeling, what feels to be under dampening.

Reading it all seems that the new shocks and spring would go a way to combat this. I know that people recommend the BC racing coilovers, but I'm at the stage where I think I'd like to try and stick to OE parts if possible

My previous car had Tein comfort sports and have to saythe ride was great, and no complains, but the need to maintain them is just not something I'm after anymore.

Hi Alan

I'm also a member from the TA forum, they are discussing where you've gone as a member spotted your old car is up for sale on eBay, its a small world lol.

Looking to buy an IS-F myself so have been lurking on here for a while now.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Basically the only small gripe I have with the car is the jiggliness? Bouncy feeling, what feels to be under dampening.

Reading it all seems that the new shocks and spring would go a way to combat this. I know that people recommend the BC racing coilovers, but I'm at the stage where I think I'd like to try and stick to OE parts if possible

My previous car had Tein comfort sports and have to saythe ride was great, and no complains, but the need to maintain them is just not something I'm after anymore.

The parts would come from japan and I can't see them being cheap! Upwards of 2k I imagine.

Hi all many thanks for the help. I think I can get them a bit cheaper :) just needed some guidance as to whether everyone knew if there were issues.

@AlanS - yep I've been away from the forums for a while, just been very busy and I was spending more time managing the back end tbh.

the IS-F is a great car...but have some warnings...I'll post up in another post.

Hi all many thanks for the help. I think I can get them a bit cheaper :) just needed some guidance as to whether everyone knew if there were issues.

@AlanS - yep I've been away from the forums for a while, just been very busy and I was spending more time managing the back end tbh.

the IS-F is a great car...but have some warnings...I'll post up in another post.

Be interested to see what your warnings are fella.

Be interested to see what your warnings are fella.

Beat me to it stu lol
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I believe Bilstein do sports dampers for these. Both comfortable and sporty, from my experience. Not badly priced either, if I remember correctly...

Most definitely what I'd purchase

• 2 weeks later...

You are def better off putting coilovers on, lot of discussion and details on the best ones to fit on the American Club Lexus forums. Have owned both and even though there is improvement the adjustable ones will give you a better ride still.

Pretty sure I'm going with the KW Variant 3's at some point in the future. :)

Got the exhaust to do first off though.

I'm also going to beef up the sway bar (probably with a Sikky one), and fit a Cusco front strut brace. I'm not expecting the front strut brace to add much to the overall stiffness, more a cosmetic enhancement from what I've read on the US forums.

I know FIGS do some other suspension related items the US guys all swear by.

Be good to see what the issues are that you've unearthed Alan.

Cheers.

Peter :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links