Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Many Mk1 Ls400 Owners Using The Forum?

When I was a regular visitor to the forum there seemed to be quite a few owners of older LS400s. Recently though most owners seem to have much newer LSs.

I'm thinking of becoming a full member so that I can sell a few bits but its all pre 96 stuff and I am not sure if it is worth it if all the old ones have few and far between.

PS; please dont PM for bits. Until and unless I subcribe I wont reply. Rules are rules after all.

Mine's 1995 and I was on here with my Mk2 .... not sure the forum was around when I had my Mk1 tho' .................... there's enuf I'm sure.

Malc

I doubt there are more than a dozen Mark 1 Ls400 on the road now

I sold my 1990 2 years ago running .It as now been scrapped You have to be a real Lexus LS400 officianado to keep and run a Mark 1 if you look on eBay there is lots of stuff for them which will never be applied too the cars.

My Mk3's got to, well, at least another 25 years till maybe I give up driving ( maybe ! ) :whistling:

What's the chances do you think ???

Malc

Very likely Malc

I bought my mark 4 with that very much in mind as it was mint with then 18k on the clock that as now gone upto 24k in two years and the car is just as it was when I bought it.In fact I have arranged an EL CID exit just now arranging the JCB to dig a grave big enough for me in the Lexus.

• Like 1

My Mk3's got to, well, at least another 25 years till maybe I give up driving ( maybe ! ) :whistling:

What's the chances do you think ???

Malc

For you or the car Malc??? :innocent:

Thanks guys and nice to see some familiar names on the forum there.

In that case I will probably put the old girl on eBay as she is. I just hope she goes to a good home.

She is still the best car we have ever had.....by miles.

Both mine are on intergalactic (by any other car's standard) mileage: Just over 200K for the Mk2, and 260K for the Mk4.

In fact, I bought the Mk4 because the Mk2 developed a sensor/ECU fault that I've not yet managed to track down - mainly, I admit, through lack of trying. I've now sourced a spare engine & ECU, so hopefully I can cure the problem for good :) A new wing, and she'll be pristine again.

Which will leave only one dilemma - which one to drive daily...? The Mk2 had lovely light steering, but the indicators/wipers are the "wrong" way around (non-euro spec) vs the Mk4... and the Mk4 is definitely faster....

Hm, I suspect the knocking CV joint on the Mk4 will be making the decision for me very shortly...

Cheers,
Ade.