Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check Your Air Filter Connector - Rubber Hose

Hi all, more of caution to check things under the hood once in a while.

While changing out the sidelight bulbs for LEDs on the 08, meant I had to take out the air box, that was when I realised that the rubber connecting tube from the air inlet pipe to the engine was torn, in other words it's been sucking in unfiltered air. It was really shoddily connected.

This basically comes from people doing the air filter changes and not loosing the hose clips, effectively roughly handling it. Probably worth while checking yours. Ending up cutting off the bit that was totally cracked open and running the hose about 1 cm shorter, holds fine until I get a new one.

Thing is the car had always been main dealer serviced, just worrying really. The car always felt a little hesitant, not driven one before so thought it was normal but just felt something was creating the hesitancy. This wasn't what I expected.

It always pays to get your hands a bit dirty once in a while, shudder to think what issues this could have given down the line.... :msn-oh:

Good you found it mate . I'll check mine this weekend .

The only differences between a main dealer and any other garage is the Lexus stamp .free coffee,courtesy car and the bill lol.

The car is serviced in the same way, like you say poor.

Saying that stu who has an isf took his for a service and they did check other things and found a little oil leak and fixed it ,

Hey Dave,

Yeah just some things if you know a thing or 2 about maintenance you really begin to understand how things can be so easily missed.

Had the headlight changed under warranty just after I got it due to condensation and after nosey around to see if they'd done an ok job found out 2 clips had gone missing and the outside air temp sensor wasn't attached back ad was just hanging loose :shifty:, really makes you worry sometimes...

Hey Dave,

Yeah just some things if you know a thing or 2 about maintenance you really begin to understand how things can be so easily missed.

Had the headlight changed under warranty just after I got it due to condensation and after nosey around to see if they'd done an ok job found out 2 clips had gone missing and the outside air temp sensor wasn't attached back ad was just hanging loose :shifty:, really makes you worry sometimes...

Yeh I'm on your side mate , I took my last Lexus 250 in for the stereo repaired , when I collected the car the console had been scratched and touched up with paint . It was mint when I took it in and they said they hadn't done anything . Tickled me that . So I told them one of them will be wearing the console if they didn't replace it . Confidence shattered.

I purchased my isf from a dealer no names mentioned as the sales were brill but when I got it home , I checked everything , bare in mind the car was so called fully serviced and checked ready to go . I gave them a week to get it ready . The Battery was loose, the air filter had straw in it and was black , the pollen filter was rotten, the front tyres has 15 psi 20 psi ,the rear wheel arches were full of mud inside ,ready to go . Hmm bull .full Lexus history mine has . Mite have well have been fully serviced by my 90 year old grandma with her jam jar bottom glasses .

But yeh I do all my own maintenance anyway mate , brakes etc the lot .

I'm a firm believer in getting your hands dirty from time to time. ;)

Even if you just check your levels, hoses, etc, just helps to give some peace of mind that all is well with the car.

Glad you picked it up though mate. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links