Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some Pics Of My Now 5Day Old 300H F Sport

Hi.

So it turns out that when I visited the showroom a week before I got my car, I didn't realise I'd be getting the *actual* car I photographed :) Many thanks for the awesome customer service at Lexus Chester, and what an AWESOME car this is. If I won the lottery, this would still be the car I would get.

Here's a few pics of it in the showroom, handover room, and on my driveway.

There's a bonus video here showing the F Sport instrument panel in action.

post-50123-0-45718100-1399918820_thumb.j

post-50123-0-42177500-1399918844_thumb.j

post-50123-0-85469900-1399918857_thumb.j

post-50123-0-50778800-1399918874_thumb.j

(+my cat)

post-50123-0-47750100-1399918901_thumb.j

post-50123-0-49992300-1399918927_thumb.j

post-50123-0-23881800-1399918950_thumb.j

post-50123-0-20948800-1399918973_thumb.j

post-50123-0-24236700-1399919008_thumb.j

I love seeing the mileage - 8 miles, just soooo new! Looking forward to your review of it in due course. Congratulations and happy motoring. Watch those wheels too, they are mega soft.....

a) It's cruel to show non F-Sport owners the amazingness of the slidy thing on the instrument panel.

b) 30.3mpg... someone has been enjoying their new car :shifty:

a) It's cruel to show non F-Sport owners the amazingness of the slidy thing on the instrument panel.

B) 30.3mpg... someone has been enjoying their new car :shifty:

haha :) Average is tending towards 40 right now. Day-to-day is 3.5 miles to the motorway then 12 miles to my place of work.

Had the cruise enabled on the motorway last night. Cruising at exactly 70mph I thought i'd take a look at what the engine was doing... flipped it into sport mode and was astonished to see it idling at 1500 RPM. Did the same at 40 on a 40mph A road and the needle was barely even registering.

I find driving it in normal mode really makes you keep an eye on the ECO meter. Driving down housing estate roads in EV mode feels awesome.

Haven't really opened the throttle up much for any length of time, It will take a good few weeks to get fully used to it. it feels much much bigger than my old '03 plate IS200 than it actually is. It still terrifies me pulling it into my driveway.

Had to laugh last night, on the way home from work I recieved an email from a colleague. Didn't pay much attention to the screen 'cos I was driving, so I just flicked the "yes" button. The car only started reading the email to me!! Had no idea it even did that lol.

Whoa, reading you an e mail!!! Text's yes, but not an e mail. What phone are you using??

Also, try driving in Eco mode, slightly more frugal than normal mode. Then whack it into sport, feel the car change character. Love it!

The phone's an HTC Desire X. Not sure if that would make a difference? My phone picks up work mail from the company Exchange server using its builtin mail functionality. For my personal email, I use the seperate Android Gmail app so I guess it wouldn't read those out.

• 3 weeks later...

Page 340 of the advanced nav manual says:

"Depending on the type of Bluetooth® phone connected, received messages may not be transferred to the message inbox. If the telephone does not support the message function, this function cannot be used."

There's a search tool here: http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/reference-library/#/BluetoothCompatibility

No iPhones appear to be compatible with SMS or email. The rest are all over the place. Blackberries and some HTCs are good.

I've seen that too and it's not accurate. My Iphone 5 happily displays and reads text messages. It has occasionally displayed and read e mails but with no consistency. That's more frustrating than if it didn't work at all!