Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

cusco tower bar now fitted

Monster-Mat

well its now fitted,turn in is now improved,and coupled with the TRD antiroll bars goes round corners so much flatter and controlled,it even comes with a small adjustable part to help brace your master cylinder against the bulk head

• 2 months later...

I've had the front brace for about 3 months now and found it made a big difference to the turn in and general stability of the car. The rear brace (2 point) was fitted about 6 weeks ago but I'm not sure that it was really worth it, so far I haven't been able to determine any noticeable improvement in the handling.

Let me know how the 3 point goes, I may switch if you find it makes much of a difference.

I ordered a Cusco front strut brace for my IS this morning. Hope it is as good as you guys say it is!:D

Was it easy to fit Mat? I am not quite sure about taking the three studs out where the the strut brace fits. Is there anything that could go wrong? I am no mechanical novice but I dont want to risk fu*king up a brand new car.

My speciality lies in power stations - a bit different from a luxury Jap saloon! :yes:

okey dokey........fitting instructions

firstly ensure the car is parked on LEVEL ground ,wheels pointing dead ahead.

remove the 6 nuts holding the suspension in.

remove nuts that hold the fuse box in (top right corner)just infront of the battery(rhd cars)

place the towers onto the studs in the suspension,the right hand one will be obvious as to where it fits around the black box

place the brace into the towers,tighten the 6 nuts ,then the two bolts that hold the brace in place.

finally there is a small allen headed stud that has a red cap placed on it and the master cylinder end.........tighten this up,(it will become apparent what the hell im talking about when its dry fitted first....

mat

I ordered mine from Sabre motorsport in manchester, Zee. It was £170 + p+p (£9.00 + VAT) He says they take 3-5 days to arrive from Japan.

Only problem is, I will have a nice shiny strut brace sitting at home, and no damm car to put it on!:mad::mad::mad:

I will post you the number when I find it Zee:D