Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Backbox Polish

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I have the standard stainless steel backbox on my IS200. The tip is rather dirty and black. If I polish this up, what will the result be? Will it be nice and shiney, or will I be wasting my time?

Has anyone tried to polish this?

Thanks

Na mate, mine never came with one. I think the 'Sport' models only came with them or it may have been an optional extra. Mine is a SE.

You can polish it but just don't expect it to look chrome or shiny, although it will look cleaner.

I cleaned the entire back box and tip (yea sad I know) using Chemical Guys orange degreaser, then autosol with a wire brush. Box came up like new and people were asking if I just had a new exhaust put on, so it does notice. The tip however didn't come up so clean and silver, but looked better. Worth the effort, then just keep it clean as you go.

I cleaned mine - and what a difference. It just makes the car look so much cleaner and well looked after mainly because it is stainless steel and it shines up nicely. Mine had the tip which looks fab on these imo. heres a pic of my old car

DSC00691_zpsf3cabffa.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys! May contact my local Lexus dealer to see if i can still order the chrome tip! If not, then elbow grease it is!

I bought a s/hand one of the facebook is200 group that has the chrome tip welded to it, but the tip is totally fecked, it's at the welders atm getting the welds re-done as thats their weak points, but when i get it back was going to paint it all with matt black heat paint. But i may look into getting the chrome tip took off and use the one i have on the car now, as its in good nick.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links