Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intermittent Transmission Problem - 2005 Ls430

• 1 month later...

Update: Have driven well over 4.5K miles since the work was completed with business trips (and some leisure) and have been as far afield as Mull, Lewis, John O'Groats, New Forest and Dungeness.......I can report that the 430 hasn't missed a beat and on a run I'm getting around 33 mpg and close to 530 miles between refills.

Keeping those finger crossed! :)

Ah!! beautiful Dungeness, I try and get down there during May/June when the place is awash with wild flowers, of course the other attraction is the worlds greatest little railway. I must try and get some pics with the engines in the background. If you have never been there spoil yourselves and spend a day down there. Mike

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update, another 3000 miles on the clock, transporting daughter to Orleans for a year abroad with Uni and then down to Provence (Avignon) and back for a short break before a toodle around Somme and Ypres.... lifted the bonnet once to top up the screen wash! Still smiling :shifty:

Update, another 3000 miles on the clock, transporting daughter to Orleans for a year abroad with Uni and then down to Provence (Avignon) and back for a short break before a toodle around Somme and Ypres.... lifted the bonnet once to top up the screen wash! Still smiling :shifty:

The one thing your post has prompted me to do is fit a separate transmission cooler diverted away from the rad. I talked about doing this a while ago, now I'm ordering one!

• 7 years later...
On 5/17/2014 at 8:47 PM, Titch LS said:

Neil, Ditto the gearbox fluid change. Make sure they use ONLY toyota type IV fluid. Nothing else.

Thats not correct. You should use WS for the 6 gear models... 

• Like 1

This all sounds rather crazy....however, second-hand car prices are up by 30-40%. It makes sense to spend a bit and keep a good car going. I have just spent about £1,000 on my LS 430 and if I get 3-4 more years out of it, it looks pretty cheap in this crazy world. Two years ago £4-5,000 would buy you a good solid family car. Go on Autotrader now, and see where that gets you.

Plus, keeping older cars going is now very green.

7 hours ago, MLW said:

Plus, keeping older cars going is now very green.

then why the grief for fossil fuels, petrol and diesel if keeping them going is  "green " ?

Malc

• 8 months later...