Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Management Light On!

The engine management light is lit on my IS200! Looking at old posts it seems the general consensus is that its most probably a coil!So rather than pay to be told this I was gonna get a coil and see if it works!My question is are coils interchangeable from cylinder or would i need to buy all to be sure! Seen some for sale at 35euro each so just thought it would be worth a try if I only need 1!!!

Guessing is the most expensive way to repair any car,a failed ignition coil is one of hundreds of caues for the EML to come on, is the car misfiring?

I would invest the 35.00 euros in either having a garage to read the codes or to buy a cheap compatible code reader and do it yourself.

Once you have the codes then you start looking at parts if needed,could be something as simple as a broken wire somewhere but you still need the codes to know where to start looking.

These engines don't like cheap aftermarket coils so if you do need one buy Lexus OEM.

You posted this twice so I removed the duplicate one :)

Yes the coils can be swapped between cylinders,

Regarding Steve's answer he is only trying to help/save you money and giving you the benefit of his knowledge...Coming across with a slight attitude will not even get a response off a lot of members.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links