Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Wheelchair Fits In The Boot Of My Ls460!

Due to a longstanding disability which has just gotten worse over time, I got a wheelchair today.

It's a folding self-propelled one, and I was afraid it wouldn't fit into the boot of my LS460. So with my girlfriend's help, we folded it up, and... it didn't fit :(

The rear air-con bulge was just too much in the way... I was getting disheartened and considering swapping my LS460 for an RX450 or similar just to get the chair in, and thinking of how much I would miss it.

Then found that my chair had quick release big wheels too. With them removed, the chair fits! The wheels also fit in the boot once separated :phone:

So the LS460 SE-L does take a folding wheelchair, certainly if it's this one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003G9LR8G/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 3

Due to a longstanding disability which has just gotten worse over time, I got a wheelchair today.

It's a folding self-propelled one, and I was afraid it wouldn't fit into the boot of my LS460. So with my girlfriend's help, we folded it up, and... it didn't fit :(

The rear air-con bulge was just too much in the way... I was getting disheartened and considering swapping my LS460 for an RX450 or similar just to get the chair in, and thinking of how much I would miss it.

Then found that my chair had quick release big wheels too. With them removed, the chair fits! The wheels also fit in the boot once separated :phone:

So the LS460 SE-L does take a folding wheelchair, certainly if it's this one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003G9LR8G/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The way I am going it wont be long before I need a wheel chair too. I think the LS Mk4 will be large enough except for the fact I have an LPG tank in place of the spare wheel well so will need to come up with a plan. Mike

Was at the Faversham ( Kent ) classic car and bus show at the weekend and wow, have you ever seen how cavernous the boot space is in a Mk1 Cortina !

bigger than the Ls400 methinks.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

My wife has walking difficulties, even after having both knees replaced with titanium. She suffers with an arthritic lower back now.

I bought her a Pride Go Go Elite Sport, an electric buggy, for her use. This has been designed to break down into 4 parts , a rear motor unit, Battery pack , front unit with tiller and the seat. This fits extremely well in my MK IV.

The only problem I find is that the boot floor covering the spare wheel well is not very supportive for this equipment, but a think a carefully fitted piece of ply wood would help here.

One disadvantage of having a DHP is that is lower than a standard model making it a little more difficult for my wife to get in and out.

The eventual solution, when I am to old to lift the buggy in and out of the 400, is to upgrade to a 450H and install a hoist. But hopefully not for a few years yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a new electric folding wheelchair a couple of weeks ago which fits even more easily into the boot of my LS460, after collapsing down like a pushchair.

It was fantastic, at least until my car accident on Wednesday (separate thread about that).

I had to import it from Malaysia, but it was worth every penny as it meant I could go back to work in my job at the Police...

http://wheelchair88.com/product/pw-999ul/

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links