1. 1. How often do you check your oil ?

• Every few days
    • At least once a week
    • Once a fortnight
    • Probably once a month
    • Only as & when I remember to
    • Maybe if the oil warning light came on, I'd check it
    • Never. The garage does all that for me

This was prompted by reading an article in Auto Express (10 Sep 03) about the new Mazda RX8.

Owners have been told that they must check the oil in their new Mazda every two tankful's of petrol. Mazda states that this is normal as the rotary engine uses quite a lot of oil, a fine mist being sprayed over it to lubricate the tips. If the oil warning light comes on, the RX8 goes into "limp home" mode!

I once left an oil change for 14000 miles on the Lex and it did not drop at all below. THese engines really should not be using oil at any notable rate though. I now use a special Racing Oil that I check every so often but will be changing it every 6k rather than 9k. just cos I might want to keep the car and reckon its better not to carry crud around longer than is required...

ON my motorbikes I used to change it every 3000 miles but they got thrashed to hi heaven!

:hehe:

I leave it to be checked by the garage. Before I had the accident I had a go at my husband as his car had leaked oil all over our drive....after a call from the garage doing the repairs to my car I had to eat major humble pie. During the last service, who ever had changed the oil filter made a real hash of it as it wasn't fixed properly and they'd cross threaded it.

I'll now be checking my oil monthly from now on.

I used to check about once a month, but after a few months of it never changing, and the fact that my mileage means I have a service about every 3 months nowadays ( :crybaby: ), this falls into the "leave it to the dealer" category.

which is a bit of a pity - thats about the only thing I can do under the bonnet :blush:

still do my own screen wash though :winky: :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links