Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Highest Mileage Is200?

On 2/24/2021 at 5:48 AM, Burrows said:

18.987😊

thatll probably sell for heaps coz my tezza has done 245*** and i sure as heck would pay a solid amount for a car that low on mileage

• 3 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 8:55 PM, Burrows said:

I have a Lexus is200 green only done 18.920. Wondering how much it would sell for

I thought my IS300 was low on just 28,800. It's a 2005 car.

• 1 year later...

i have a 1999 toyota altezza. (lexus is200)

it has just gone 330,000kms

tbh i have not even changed the engine oil or filter for the last 5 years or apporx 100,000kms...

it had an oil leak from the rocker cover seal but mostly the spark plug seals. so i was just topping it up occasionally and never drained it or changed the filter.

until now. 

i finally removed th rocker cover and cleaned everything up. such an oily mess. replaced all the seals and now no more oil leak. yay.

also new engine oil, oil filter, atf, and air filter.

so, in the last 6 years of owning this car (i bought i at 224,000kms) 

i have replaced:

3 ignition coils

6 spark plugs

2 oil filters

plenty of engine oil...

atf twice

front brake pads once

rear brake pads twice

plenty of tyres..

coolant (flushed the heater cores to get heater working again, it was a bit clogged)

thermostat (*must have been slightly stuck open)

repaired gear under dash that changed between fan modes

fuel pump in petrol tank (had me stranded at the liquor store on a friday night, lol. got my brother to tow me home saturday morning).

positive Battery terminal (for some reason it was corroding alot while the starter motor was on its last legs

starter motor (that was a bitch to do, working down on the road, in a pool of my own oil leak,lol. had to drop the tranny a bit to get at the top bolt with about 5 extensions on the bolt.

replaced the Battery once back when i bought it.

replaced the rear suspensions spherical bearings once. (had to press hem out and then new ones in.

replaced the windscreen myself because some jackass failed it on a chip i had had for years that i couldnt repair by injecting glue. (its hard to repair chips that are that old. hey block from debris stopping the resin penetrating all the way.

air filter

i think thats it. (apart from puting my stereo from my past 2 cars into this car. sub + amp + head unit. i didnt bother with the aftermarket speakers as the stock ones in this car seemed better to me tbh.)

i bought a new timing belt, but after removing all the accessory belts and radiator etc to get at the crank bolt, i couldnt get the damn bolt undone without the force of leverage flipping the damn car upside down, lol. so i had to give up as i needed the car to get to work. the belt on it looked fine. i will attempt it again on my christmas leave since i already have the new belt anywya.

i had to readjust the damn headlight beams to pass a wof. 

replaced a few headlight and brakelight bulbs etc 

yeah, im pretty sure that is all the work it has required. overall i am super happy with this reliable beast. it should go another 100,000k's no sweat. especially now half the problem parts have been replaced with new ones.

i expect the alternator will need replacing eventually... its always the electrics that die first. part of the reason i will always own a petrol car rather than an electric one. 

im not sure why i listed everything like that, but maybe it helps someone to know the common things that might need replacing on these cars..? also if im honest, an outlet to brag of my novice mechanical experience, lol. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 12:49 PM, InterUni said:

thatll probably sell for heaps coz my tezza has done 245*** and i sure as heck would pay a solid amount for a car that low on mileage

yeah, i bought my tezza for i think $3000 6 years ago at 224,000kms. i just looked on trademe and they sell, even the autos, even the 1gfe engine, even with high mileage, for like $7k now. 

i suppose they are almost a classic car now. plus they have that beautiful 90's JDM style. i hate modern cars.

GREAT CAR. if i didnt have a daily hourly commute i would have the manual version, preferably the 3sge. but since i am stuck in traffic half my life i wouldnt trade this car for anything.

• Like 1

p.s damn i have been lucky with this car. each time something has failed i have been able to either get home or get it towed home. although i did buy a box of beers for my brother over the latter.

it only stopped me getting to work once. for one day. when the starter motor fried itself and smoke came flooding out of the bonnet, lol. and that happened on a friday.

luckily i found a replacement start motor near where i work, and was able to borrow one of my parents cars for monday to pick it up, and get to work. then replaced the starter motor that night and had my car again by tuesday.

when the ignition coils failed it was always on the way home from work, also usually a friday (lucky?..) 

so you just drive home carefully on 5 cylinders, check spark to confirm its an ignition issue, change coils to check its the coil, if that cylinder now has spark you have confirmed it was the coil, pick up a new one and replace it. easy.

i just found a shop that sells 1gfe ignition coils really cheap. i might pick one up to keep in my glovebox for just in case.. 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links